Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2002 12:10:48 PM EDT

I'm thinking of ordering one.  Looks cool, fairly common round.  Better deal than a gun show I think.

Anyone have any experience w/ the condition/function of the "new in original wrap" rifles from AIM surplus?  

How about these rifles in general?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any experience with the M-44's but have bought a number of handguns and rifles from AIM and have been satisfied with all my purchases. Whenever there was anything wrong they made it right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I on the other hand have not had any experience with AIM but I've bought several M-44's and they are pretty fun guns. Lots of muzzle blast and really loud!

I've seen some of the new in original wrap rifles and I'm sure they are the same ones that everybody has. They look like what you would think a new in the wrap rifle should look like.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm used to loud rifles.  I've got a BM Shorty AK w/ the 14.5 " barrel and AK style muzzle blast enhancer.  

So, these M-44s are unissued, not "new condition" put in wrap?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That 7.62X54R round kicks like a sumbitch.  The report is VERY loud, and the muzzle flash at night will give you wood.

I had to put a synthetic stock on my dad's M44 to get rid of the steel butt plate.  5-10 rounds and your shoulder hurt like hell.  Very comfortable to shoot now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top