Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 11:53:53 AM EDT
I always found it to be a point of amusement how some ardent fan of a particular rifle (shooting platform) or cartridge: when confronted with evidence of the shortcommings of their pet favorite; they will then seek to rationalize it away.
Whether it is the AR vs. AK debate, or the 9mm vs 45 ACP, or Glock vs. 1911.

When the FAN is confronted that their is a higher incidences of jams that occur with the AR15 than with say the AK. They will then immediately try to explain away the jams. Was the Shooter using proper Mil-Spec Mags with Green followers, or did the Shooter clean his rifle every X number of rounds, was the shooter using high quality ammo, was the shooter the right lubricate by XYZ corporation, etc. And of course when confronted by something that they simply can't explain away..such as the inferior wound ballistics of the .223 beyond 300 yards as compared to the .308. They immediately start to whine:"shooters don't NEED to shoot beyond 300 yards..". Sort of like the ANTI's mantra on why you don't need a firearm..just dial 911..
Sort of like one of those little ankle biting poodles that are always yapping..but when they are confronted with the Big Dog..it is a different story.

All rifles, pistols and their cartridges have their short commings. You will NEVER find a perfect rifle or cartridge for all situations.
Like the Battle field: Reality hurts. In a battle field there are no excuses.
Either it works, and works well under field conditions or it doesn't.

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I just shoot what I can afford and what appeals to me.

Not really that picky, nor do I only shoot one brand/type of firearm.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You will NEVER find a perfect rifle or cartridge for all situations.

I dunno, there's a good case for the GE Minigun... But thats just me.

Oh, by the way, I love that Pic, but I'd hate to be the driver of either truck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top