Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 7:14:47 PM EDT
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys that own beta mags also own a full auto ? No offense but I think owning a beta with semi's only is a waste. However I think if you own a fa then a beta is almost a requirement.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine will only see action in my MT6601 when it's time to piss off the 'Assault Weapon' critics.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys that own beta mags also own a full auto ? No offense but I think owning a beta with semi's only is a waste. However I think if you own a fa then a beta is almost a requirement.

PG, your assessment is correct. Beta on FA is fun and enjoyable to watch. Some people said it is a waste of ammo, I agree if you shoot every wk, but once a while--heck no.  Now if you know how to bump-fire, then Beta C-mag should be fun also.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I kind of agree with you.. I bought it when I had a preban .. looked real cool.. now I am waiting on my M16 paperwork.. and it is a must.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Well... I live in a "No Full Auto" State and only have Semiauto AR's but I still have 2 Beta's. They mostly just sit in the safe and go unused, and go up in price . I bought 5 of them a few years back for $225.00 each and slowly sold 4 at about $375-$475 each, then bought another so now I have 2.

It's kind of like the pre-post debate.... you don't really NEED a pre-ban cuz when will you ever really need a flash-hider and a bayonet... but they're just damn cool!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It's kind of like the pre-post debate.... you don't really NEED a pre-ban cuz when will you ever really need a flash-hider and a bayonet... but they're just damn cool!!!

And more true to the military weapon counterpart.

In guns like much of the economy if we only bought what we needed.........

One Beta Mag, one AR-18 - When/if I sell the AR-18 I'm going to keep the Beta Mag.  Cause I NEED it !
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Is bumping with a beta a reality?  

I figured that the extra weight on the rifle would make it not bump effectively.

I have tried to bump my heavier AR with a scope (stupid, I know, I just wanted to test the rifle) and I found that the extra weight made it awkward to bump-fire.  

My pre-ban Oly bumps fine, but the other one has some trouble.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is bumping with a beta a reality?  

I figured that the extra weight on the rifle would make it not bump effectively.

I have tried to bump my heavier AR with a scope (stupid, I know, I just wanted to test the rifle) and I found that the extra weight made it awkward to bump-fire.  

My pre-ban Oly bumps fine, but the other one has some trouble.

Yep, I know several guys can do it, and RedGoat is one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top