Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 6:30:11 PM EDT
I was about ready to get a cheap Rem 700 and then send it out to get a new barrel and bedding when someone told me about the Sigarms.  They make a Blaser LSR2 and a Sauer SSG3000.  They "look cool" but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of them.  How accurate out to the box and would you consider them "good value" versus the 700.

www.sigarms.com/le-military/blaser-lrs2.asp
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The R93's main features are a very expensive barrel ('bout a grand if you want replacements) and the famous Blaser straight-pull bolt action.

Blasers are very famous hunting rifles in Europe, but Americans usually don't know what they are.  Fastest bolt action you'll ever see.

I am not too thrilled with the stock -- it's cheese plastic.  Has "features," though.  Adjustable cheekrest.  Length of pull is sort-of adjustable through spacers.  Rail on bottom for bipod and accessories.  Screws for mirage band.  They've got a neat scope ring system, that clips directly to the barrel.  No base.  $199 for the rings, and you have to use theirs.  It's not standard.  Detach mag.

This guy is VERY accurate.  I mean it.

Ahh.. SSG 3000.  Very famous rifle as well.  Americans think this guy is new too, but this fellow has a long history.  The US version replaces the wood stock with McMillan.  Mucho better than R93 LSR2 stock.  Adjustable cheekrest here too.  The R93 will smoke this guy for accuracy, but I prefer it.  Like the Blasers, bolt also locks to barrel (but no straight-pull back Blaser system), interchangeable barrels, detachable mag, yadda yadda.  Permament part of the barrel is a flash suppressor/muzzle brake.  It doesn't function all that well as a suppressor (don't expect Vortex-elmination here), but somethin's better than nothing.  Pretty uncommon for bolt guns.

Both these guys are way better than the 700, but they cost over twice as muh as well, so...

'mericans don't know what somethin' is if it doesn't say Remington or Leupold on it, but either of these guys and a US Optics will stomp the '700 M3A setup.

...but what do I know, all I have is a 10/22 and a .38
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Any Tactical bolt action Rifle/Sniper Rifle with a Flash hider is faulty by design. They are less accurate and leave tell tale flash "doughnuts" when fired at night.
Semi's with flash hides (M21/M25) are being used in the D.M. role supporting larger amounts of troops, so the need for concealment is not as great when compared to a single sniper dragging an M24/M40a1.

Go ahead......... Flame on

JerrY
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They "look cool"

Yes, they're extremely pretty rifles (in the buck rogers manner) and would look perfectly at home at the range or in your display case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top