Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 6:27:09 PM EDT
I am being offered a trade for a Universal Firearms M1 .30 in mint condition.

Anyone got any idea on value?

I don't know $hit about M1s but this thing looks great. It's from an old friend who wants me to design a website for him but can't afford the $$$. I told him I would cut him a deal and he came up with this idea for a trade since he knows I am a gun freak.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what it might be worth, but it's a civilian copy of the M1, not a USGI.  It definitely would have no collector value.  I'd guess $300.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Universals are nothing special.  Only some Gi parts will interchange.  My one experience with Universals was many years ago.  My shooting partner had one.  2000 rounds and the thing literally wore out.  Steel was to soft.

I'd be hard pressed to value it more than $150.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Universals are garbage.  I agree with the poster who said $150 tops.  They are a poor aftermarket copy of the GI design.  Even the Plainfields and National Ordnance copies are a better bet from a parts compatibility standpoint.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Universals are not all mil-spec. Not all parts interchange. Don't go by current selling prices, some people will pay anything for anything and lots of Universals go for much more than they are worth.

Don
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Universals are garbage.  I agree with the poster who said $150 tops.  

Well said. Universal's are POS!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top