Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2002 3:04:23 PM EDT
I had a feller do a bang up trigger job on my deer rifle and I'm considering the same for my AR. Anyone see any problems getting the trigger creep taken out and having the pull worked down to about 2 or 3 lbs ???!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a post somewhere on the board within the last couple of weeks re: a man that does excellent work with stock parts, and very reasonable if I remember correctly.  Sorry, but can't remember his name, though seems like his first name was John.  Never had personal experience with him, but seemed like other posters were very pleased.
I've tried the RRA trigger @ a show, and wasn't all that impressed.  I prefer to stick with the stock parts, and have had good success going that route, but nowhere near 2-3 lbs.  That seems pretty light to me for a hunting rifle, but maybe not, and no flame intended.
I like my reworks almost as well as the Garand trigger, and parts are inexpensive, and easy to aquire.  
You might want to go to the competition section and repost, and do a search, you might find the post I mentioned.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy who worked on my Win70 fixed the stock trigger. That 3# pull is excellent..for me anyways. I know its tooooooooooo light for some. This AR will be an all-around tool, so I'm trying to get feedback/input on the lighter trigger. I'm open to ideas about various trigger jobs and settings. Thanks bj..will try this over in Competition as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top