Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2002 5:12:10 PM EDT
Guys,
I always wondered what would happen if you zeroed a 16 inch upper with A2 sites on 62grn, and then shot 55 gr in it.  Would it make a big difference??  
I used the following ammmo to zero my 16 inch AR uppper, at 50 yrd battle zero.

IMI green tip.  

Ok, then I went to the 100 yrd range and started using AE 55's and South African 55 gn,
Each target was a outers 100 yr rifle target. The orange ones.  
Guess what?? Other than impressing myself with my excellent shooting ability.... :)

Not much other than keeping them in the 7,8,9 X rings.  All were on top of the targets in those rings. One or two on the bottom.  I shot about 80 rounds today.  

Only reason I bring this up, is somewhere, someone would say it would make a difference.  Up to 100 yrds, not really.  If you aimed for center mass, your going to get center mass.  

I did use a bench and a couple of sand bags.  

Does that help anyone?
c-rock
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet at 200+ yards you would start to see a difference getting more drastic the farther out.

I had my 16" setup and zeroed at 100yd with my acog shooting 55gr SA. the 64gr Winchester I hunted with was so close it was the same
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top