Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 4:01:23 PM EDT
If so, are you looking to buy or sell? I'll be there and wouldn't mind meeting some of you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I planned on going, but im stuck in NC going to school. I live in Mandarin back in JAX though. Really miss that nice weather.... Where is the show at, the Prime Osborne this time? To bad i cant come.
Have fun at the show,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure wish I could but I live in Sarasota and am headed off to the Suncoast Gunshow in beautiful downtown Palmetto tomorrow with 2 gun-buddies from work. The biggest shows we have are the Tampa SGS's. I'll bet the Jax shows are something to see if our shows are as good as they have been. Have a great time!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it's at the Prime O. Most of the recent shows here have been pretty tired, but this January show is supposed to be oriented toward military firearms and collectibles. What are the TPA SGS's? I used to live in Indian Rocks Bch. and I get down to St.Pete occasionaly to see friends, would like to time the next trip to include a good gunshow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
jake, short for "Suncoast GunShows." The Tampa show in December was great. It's held in the Fairgrounds. One guy had 8 tables with nothing but Krags, M-1's, all kinds of carbines and some really rare '03's. I ended up buying a sealed tin of 650 rounds of .30 carbine and 2 battle packs of .308 NATO from him. The guy really had some nice buys if you're into military firearms(which I am!) One guy even had a Liberator pistol in the original box with instructions! UNREAL!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
jake-FYI the next show in TPA is On March 2nd and 3rd. Maybe we'll see you there!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
jake, short for "Suncoast GunShows." The Tampa show in December was great. It's held in the Fairgrounds. One guy had 8 tables with nothing but Krags, M-1's, all kinds of carbines and some really rare '03's. I ended up buying a sealed tin of 650 rounds of .30 carbine and 2 battle packs of .308 NATO from him. The guy really had some nice buys if you're into military firearms(which I am!) One guy even had a Liberator pistol in the original box with instructions! UNREAL!

Do you remember who the guy with the Krags was? I've got a set of armorer's tools for the Krag I'd like to sell.........
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Nah, I didn't even get a receipt from him but I've seen him twice now at the TPA shows. You couldn't miss him though-just look for the most guys hanging around a vendor and that'll be him!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
If he doesn't buy them I'll bet the guy from Amherst Depot might. He's been at almost every show I've been to in s/w Fla fo the last 10 years. Sells nothing but parts and tools for military weapons and books. He's a big guy and always wears a Marine T-shirt. You can't miss him. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I won't be able to make it either.  I've always heard that the biggest show in FL was probably the Lakeland Pistol and Rifle Club's Gunshow in Lakeland, FL.

Any thoughts on this????
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there around 9:30 or 10:00. I'll be the guy looking at the guns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:23:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Lakeland show IS the biggest, by far. I'll be the guy looking at digging through parts. If I bring any more guns home...well.....don't want to go there...
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, had to get some shut-eye. The sandman was beating me to death. Anyway, yeah, the Lakeland show is hands-down the biggest show I've ever been to. It's held in both sides of the Lakeland Center. That's where I got my CCW too. It's centrally located in the state so you get guys from the east coast as well as west Fla. You could easily spend all day there drooling at all the goodies. Even saw a semi-auto BAR there. The guy was taking orders! Being 80 miles from Sarasota, you have to make it a full day so my buddies and I plan on it and then hit Chili's for brews and burgers afterward. It's a great guy's - out day. Plus our wives get the day to shop or just get a break from us!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top