Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2002 5:36:45 AM EDT
Any opinions? Pro's/Con's I cant afford a colt custom, so don't bother telling me how much better they are. Thanks!
AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the Vaquero. My big decision was which barrel length. Bought the 7 1/2. Wish now I had the 5 1/2.

Where's that piggy bank ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there any question?  Ruger of course.

Read all the "Gunnotes" here and see if you still have doubts:

http://www.sixgunner.com/linebaugh/Default.htm
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
having toyed around with both i say RUGER! i had to replace to many damn springs on that cimmaron
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds pretty unanimous, Thanks
AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
i've got a Cimmaron that Bob Munden did an action job on and just like the add said years ago when i saw it "you'll think there are no springs in it it's so smooth".....but to answer your question --the Ruger will be shooting when the Cimmaron is in the shop.....Dick
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruger of Course!...and..after you do get it and save up some money..you can have it..customized...

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]
crumabn,
My brother has the Vaquero and loves it. But Colt has the Cowboy, which is a cheaper entry level version of the SAA, I believe. You might want to look into it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Bob Munden who is probably the most experienced Single Action shooter/gunsmith alive only makes his custom guns on Colt SAA and Rugers.  That should tell you something.

Go with the Ruger...although, I am unfamiliar with the Colt "Cowboy" as mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I love that little Gamblers Classic - what caliber is that?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't forget that the Ruger frame can handle max loads that the other SAA clones can not.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
AR15.com Moderator of Reloading, General Firearm Discussion & Hunting Forum.
A great place to get answers to your reloading & hunting questions.
Or come and take a look at my web page at.
members.aol.com/dbrewer842/dbrewer842.html
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bob Munden who is probably the most experienced Single Action shooter/gunsmith alive only makes his custom guns on Colt SAA and Rugers.  That should tell you something.

Go with the Ruger...although, I am unfamiliar with the Colt "Cowboy" as mentioned.

my friend has a Ruger that mundem worked it is the nicest trigger ive ever had the plesuare of pulling
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I love that little Gamblers Classic - what caliber is that?

What's your Favorite Caliber ?
The Customization is done on the Ruger Vacquero and caliber of your choice.

You could also have a cartridge conversion done if you like.

These guns are by Gary Reeder who like John Linebaugh and Bowen Arms..does excellent work..
click on the link and look at some of the Custom Packages...

The Ultimate Black Widow is my idea of an Ultimate Pack Gun. Here is a Large Picture of one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#15]
A word to the wise....dont buy a new ruger revolver sight unseen.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=90021&page=3#bottom

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i've got a Cimmaron that Bob Munden did an action job on and just like the add said years ago when i saw it "you'll think there are no springs in it it's so smooth".....but to answer your question --the Ruger will be shooting when the Cimmaron is in the shop.....Dick

I also have a colt single action that Munden worked his magic on.
It`s hard to believe how smooth they are.
Bostonterrier97,those are some fine looking pistols ya have there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Of course if you REALLY want something like the Old Colts..with the same quality that Colt USED to have..then US Firearms Mfg. Co. is the way to go

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A word to the wise....dont buy a new ruger revolver sight unseen.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=90021&page=3#bottom

That goes for every firearm without saying it. I never just run in, grab one and run out of the shop without looking at the firearm for visible flaws. I don't care what manufacture that made the firearm. There are always ones that slip threw the QC people. Also some gun shops accept returned flawed firearms, which they don't send back to be corrected but put it back on the shelf to sell again as new. It looks from your post about it in the linked topic that Ruger made good on fixing the problem. But you already made up your mind to dump the handguns as soon as you got them back for something else.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
AR15.com Moderator of Reloading, General Firearm Discussion & Hunting Forum.
A great place to get answers to your reloading & hunting questions.
Or come and take a look at my web page at.
members.aol.com/dbrewer842/dbrewer842.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top