Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2002 5:10:09 PM EDT
Hey, I was wondering how fast you think a barrel on one of the Colt A3 Elite's would last?  Is it chromed?  I know its bad for any rifle to heat up, especially mine which prints 1/2" with ball, but what do you think about occassionally putting a bunch of mags through for the fun of it or should I get an upper to beat on?  

Oh yeah, what do you think of the stock scope base/mount that comes with it?  Anyone find a stiffer setup helps much?  I'm inclined to leave this shooter alone, but I'll try anything to achieve the elusive 1/4"!  

http://www.geocities.com/balzac72/ColtA3Elite.jpg
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If your rifle is the Colt model 9724 Elite,then your barrel is all stainless,no chrome in the bore.Take the factory mount and throw it away,it's JUNK!!It's nothing but a B-Square with Colt stamped on it.You spent good money on that rifle so get a good mount.Spend $96.bucks on the Les Baer mounts.They're built like a tank and are perfect for your set-up. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This is my A3 Elite:
Its all stainless like XM21Nick said.
Get a upper to unload 30-rounders through. You cant expect to shoot .25" MOA after fouling the barrel with copper.  Better yet, get another AR.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The Les Baer mounts are tempting, any idea where they sell em cheap?  What about Leupold QR mounts with an extension base below it to raise the scope up?  Too much weight?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to order them direct from WWW.Lesbaer.com .They are made from heat treated 4140 barstock.By the time you add up the price of the QR rings and riser base, you'll have about the same amount of money in it. Just buy the Les Baer, you will not regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top