Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 5:34:36 AM EDT
I was looking through shotgun news and noticed that SOG had the Rough Rider 22 revolver advertised for $99.  The add said it is the Civil War commerative model, with a 6.5" barrel, a 22LR and 22 Mag cylinder, and a decorated wood box.  Has anyone had any experince with these?  I have a Ruger single six, and was thinking of picking up another 22 revolver, just to have.  The price is right, but I would like to hear some input on these revolvers first.

Thanks for any help.
Brad
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I seriously looked at these about two years ago; until I got to hold one.  I was not impressed.  Fit and finish looks like the toy metal revolvers I had when I was a kid, seriously!  I hate the looks of the hammer block that is on the left side, very ugly.  If you already own a single six, you would be truly disapointed with the Rough Rider.  I promptly bought a used single six at a pawn shop, and have never looked back.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I also owned one. Sold it after the first trip to the range. Worst finish I've ever seen on a gun. I had to touch it up just to sell it, it had less than 100 rounds of .22 through it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one several years ago...and I enjoy it. You can't hit where you aim . This puts the challenge and fun back into plinking. Especially after using my Ruger .22 auto, that suck won't miss..

The hammer does freeze up occasionally for no appearant reason. But I still like to shoot it when I'm just plinking.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one for $50 from a friend that needed money. I told him to consider it a loan and he could buy it back whenever he wanted. I sure hope he wants it back.

coyote3
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
coyote3,  Let me know it you want to sell the pistol for what you spent on it.  

I'm looking for more winter projects and think that this could be one of them. Sounds like a complete tear down and refit is in order.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Dano523,
Trust me, these guns are junk right out of the box. Seriously, they are not worth putting any amount of time or money into, they're just plain shoddy. Check out your local pawn shops for project guns. Got a few there myself.

coyote3  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top