Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 1:03:32 AM EDT
She won't budge on letting me get a parts kit and receiver in order to build a M1 carbine. I understand her rational thinking on this matter because She has been out of work for 3 months because of the recession that klinton and 911 got us into but she found a pretty good job this week and will be working as of next monday............................................................... I just returned from giving her about a 20 minute massage and she said I could get 2 parts kits if I wanted to. But I think I will just one after I do some catching up on bills and give her some cash to get any new clothes or things she might need for her new job. If she changes her mind I will know what to do next time :)
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:21:49 AM EDT
[#1]
First.......eliminate the word "need" from your own mindset.......
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:30:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You do not NEED a M1  you Want a M1

Just like when you fell in love with her...

You did not NEED to marry her...

You WANTED to marry her.

Unless of course you were hormone driven teens and got her knocked up!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Use guilt to your advantage.

Either buy her, or have her buy, a piece of jewelry or house furnishing of equivalent value.

Bring her flowers three days out of a five day week.

Then ask her again, nicely.

Works EVER time.!!!!!!!!!1

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I tell my wife that I don't have any wants, but that I have too many needs to count.  I truly believe that you NEED that M1.  Good luck!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy it without her approval and without telling her.  When it gets there, take it out of the box, hit her over the head with it, and yell, "Neener neener neener, nyah nyah nyah!"  Works every time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep I'm kinda in the same situation. I'm looking to buy a AR15 in the next few weeks and the wife has been wanting a coffiee table. I told her that that would look horrible in out livivng room but then I got ta thinking. Since my hobbies are not the cheepest that she could go get one (not that my word matters anyway) so shes happy. Just wait till I come home from a day of hunting/shooting and sees me cleaning the guns on the new work bench infront of the TV. HAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#7]
First get caught up on your bills, replenish your savings account..then buy her a gift and then...buy yourself that receiver and kit that you've been wanting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#8]
but it but remember u had its for "years"
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#10]
It easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Convince her that you only paid $25 for it.......
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Look REAL MEN don need to ask their wives permission for ANYTHING!!!
Why am I single again?

I'll second that.....all of it
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#13]
You could sell one of your other guns on the sly to cover the cost of the new one.  Then you could sneak it into the house and stick in the back of the safe until spring.  By the time you finally dust it off and haul it to the range she'll never remember.

Yeah because real men never have to ask their wives for...

Ohshit!  Here she comes. I gotta go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top