Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 11:38:09 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting either the CZ 52 or CZ 70, but I don't know much about them.  Does anyone own one?  What do you think of it?  I know it won't be a match pistol or anything, but  I'd like it to stand up to a decent amount of use.  Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the CZ 70.  I like it.  While I would not use it as a concealed carry weapon, it is fun for going to the range and plinking.  Mine has a strong trigger pull, though, and the recoil is a little violent on the hand.

Brad
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#2]
My dad and I both have CZ 70's.  They are great little guns.  We both had to change the recoil spring.  ($5.99 from Gun Parts Corp)  After that reliability was 100% better.  

We both found that our guns wouldn't function well with down loaded ammo. Winchester USA, Blazer etc.  It worked great with European ammo though.

The only complaint I had, was that it felt like the trigger was kicking forward as the slide came back forward.  This made target shooting painful on the tip of myfinger, but plinking was still fun.  

I had bought a brand new Walther PPK in .32 acp the same week.  There is no comparison, the Walther is a dream, but it wasn't cheap, for the money, the CZ is a fun plinker.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my CZ-52, although I think you were asking about a CZ"50" or 70, not the 52.  Just in case you are interested in the 52, here's what I think.  Awesome! Fires a 85gr. bullet at 1600 to 1800fps depending on the ammo.  Reported at being as powerful as .357mag.  Lots of penetration-good and bad.  Points like a 1911.  Very cool rolling block action, copied(similar to) from the MG42.  You gotta have one at only 125.00 from most places.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:49:05 AM EDT
[#4]
What guns762 said.

I, too, love my CZ52. In fact, the action is so strong that it can be converted to 9mm with only a barrel change. I just did this with mine. Only draw back seems to be it won't feed anything but FMJ's, at least in 115 gr. Maybe heavier, longer nose bullets. Still fun and now cheaper to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]
There have been a lot of reports on the C&R mail list about the CZ50's steel being too soft.  Users are reporting peening and galling after a very low round count.  

I believe the CZ70 corrected this problem, so it would be the one I'd recommend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top