Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 5:17:56 PM EDT
Guys, I have a chance to buy a pre ban M1A and 13 USGI mags. for $1000.00.  The rifle is  standard grade with fiberglass stock that has been camo painted.

What ya think ????

Seems llike a good deal to me.
Bill

Well gents I went with the deal.  However the deal got better.
All the mags are GI.
All the parts are GI, except the receiver of course.  Springfield receiver 081xxx
All the mags are 90% are better
I got 80 rounds of Nato ammo
Stainless Steel heavy Hart Bbl.
Over-sized USGI walnut stock.
Third gen. scope mount and rings.
National match front sight.

Yes I'm very happy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a Springfield receivered rifle (you did say M1A) it's a pretty good deal.  Mags alone are worth around $400.  Check to see if most of the parts are USGI.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Guys, I have a chance to buy a pre ban M1A and 13 USGI mags. for $1000.00.  The rifle is  standard grade with fiberglass stock that has been camo painted.

What ya think ????

Seems llike a good deal to me.
Bill

Yes, that is a good deal (understatement of the day).
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
YES !
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's a Springfield, JUMP ON IT , Quick, Quick, before it gets away.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy it....Even if you have to live on tuna fish and ramman noodles till your next paycheck.

Let the man who does not have a sword, sell his cloak and buy one.

If you do not go for a deal like that you will cry every time you think about, every time you go to the Springfield web site and look at that $1500 dollar price tag and think of what might have been.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, buy it now... even though Springfield M1A's are junk you can recoup your investment if you choose to sell it.

The mags go for $50 a pop (if they're real USGI) and the pre-ban feature (that little itty bitty bayonet lug) is worth its weight in GOLD.

Pick it up.  Shoot it.  If it keeps its zero for more than one season at the range - then it's a keeper.

If it's the normal M1A investment cast dog - then you can always sell it for more than you paid for it.

You won't even "pay rent" for owning that!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are you here looking on the Net for your answer?  BUY NOW.  That is, conservatively, $400 in mags alone.  BUY NOW.

Any questions?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]
WAIT, WAIT!  Don't buy, that would be a terrible mistake!!!  Now, how do I get hold of this guy?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
sounds like a GREAT deal!!

If you want one BUY IT!!

As others have already typed, the magazines alone are worth a chunk of $$$
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Who made the receiver,bolt,trigger group and barrel?
Those are important.
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes, buy it now... even though Springfield M1A's are junk you can recoup your investment if you choose to sell it.

The mags go for $50 a pop (if they're real USGI) and the pre-ban feature (that little itty bitty bayonet lug) is worth its weight in GOLD.

Pick it up.  Shoot it.  If it keeps its zero for more than one season at the range - then it's a keeper.

If it's the normal M1A investment cast dog - then you can always sell it for more than you paid for it.

You won't even "pay rent" for owning that!

I seriously doubt you ever actually owned an M1A.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top