Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 3:55:59 PM EDT
Took my new M4gery Bushmaster to an indoor range on my way home from work, put 100 rounds through it.  First five rounds off a rest at 25 yds. was dime-sized.  Man, these things can shoot! Even rapid fire produced tight groups.  I am very pleased.

Now for a question - if I buy a new upper, do I need a separate bolt/bolt carrier, or can I use the one that came with the original?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My question exactly.  Just been too lazy to ask it.

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Generally you can use the same one. But ALWAYS check the head space of the bolt and barrel you will be using. You can buy the field gage for around $20.00. Cheap insurance!

Mike
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks, Mike.  I'll get the headspace gauge asap.

J
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
You might want to reconsider using the same B/C for different uppers. While it is true that you can interchange the bolt/carrier, I don't and there are quite a few others here that think it's best/safer to have a B/C for each upper.

My 2cents,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I would get two bolts and make sure they fit.

Put a 10x scope on the bushy and shoot it at 100 yds and tell us how tight the groups are.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

.... do I need a separate bolt/bolt carrier, or can I use the one that came with the original?

Thanks!

Exactly as asked.

1) Yes you need a separate bolt/carrier.
2) Yes you can use the one that came with the original.

(Pick number (1) - after all it's for the wiminez !)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top