BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 8:58:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
why a 12lbs trigger
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Man those glock triggers are bad enough without the NY installed trigger spring can't they just teach there officers to keep there finger off the fuckin trigger???
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there any way to install the Glock Competition connector?  with the NY trigger and the Competition you get a trigger pull of about 6 lbs, but it is very smooth and nice.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#7]
What a bunch of jerks first you have to carry an anemic 9mm then you have to have to use two fingers to pull the trigger because they are so scared of a A/D and the media wonders why they have to shoot the suspects 22 times ? Because one or two isn't going to do it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#9]
wow there was actually a time where they put 41 rounds into a suspect? everytime I here of a police shootin its always around 12 rounds or so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Is the trigger pull in anyway rough or is it just that it's heavy. If there's a problem other than the weight, I would think that a good armorer could smooth it out (although I admit that I'm not too familiar with Glocks).

While installing a different connector might be a good fix for target practice, I'd hate to be in your shoes if the media and an overzealous prosecuter get a hold of you in a real world shooting.

Sounds like you might be better off going with another sidearm. You mentioned the Mini-Cougar. Are there other options that you might be allowed to consider?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wow there was actually a time where they put 41 rounds into a suspect? everytime I here of a police shootin its always around 12 rounds or so.

this is not the point of my original thread.

C'mon, you know the drill.

That also makes a good case for your arguement. The problem in that incident, was the police were shooting away and the guy wasn't reacting to being shot. It might have something to do with the 12 lb connector. The heavier the trigger pull the less likely you are to be able to consistently hit what you are aiming at. The heavier the trigger pull the more likely you are to "dip" the muzzle as you squeeze the trigger.

To paraphrase "It's hits that count......"

We have 8lb springs, not too bad, not to good. Before that mine hade the stock Glock setup 5lb spring, and another guy had a 3.5 lb target Glock setup. There is a noticable difference in those setups. Our policy says 8lb triggers, but doesn't specify a connector......so my friend has a 3.5 connector, he says it is smooth and is about 6lbs altogether.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Waverunner;
This is your personal pistol, but must be inspected / approved by Dept. armorers, yes?

Give Glock's L.E. division a call...I,m pretty sure they have a toll free #, (bound to have some info at www.glock.com)...and ask their people what, if anything, can be done while staying within the regs.

Also, I believe NYPD approves the Kahr pistols, and while they won't work with Glock mags, the P9 series guns are great little handguns with trigger actions as smooth as butter and much more concealable thah the Glocks. Carry extra mags if you need the firepower.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#15]
It sounds like you have the NY2 trigger spring (orange) and not the NY1 spring (olive).  Is that right?

I don't have a problem with the NY1 but it's only supposed to be 8 pounds rather than the 12 of the NY2.  It's too bad that you can't use the 3.5 pound connector.

Just FYI, the Glock trigger spring helps move the trigger instead of resisting it.  So even though the NY2 creates a heavier trigger than the stock part, it's actually a weaker spring.  This means that you can't lighten the trigger pull by clipping or otherwise weakening the trigger spring.

Aside from polishing the parts of your Glock's trigger mechanism I can't think of anything that would lighten the pull without either violating regulations or compromising the reliability of the pistol.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I have seen NY trigger with 3.5 disconnector, I don't think your instructor will notice t he different disconnector, since it is not color coded.  if you can get away, it actually make your pull very nice and smooth with out having to worry about AD.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Waverunner,
How is it going brother? Using trigger reset may help a bit with quick follow up shots, as it reduces a bit of the take up on the trigger.  It will not lighten you pull, but may speed up your second (and successive) shot times.  Not a Dept. approved method of course, and not one I necessarily approve of myself in all situations, but it may be something you can try, if you don't use the method already. If you do apply trigger reset, please disregard the post, and shame on me for buttin' in.
Be safe,
Mike  NYPD Warrants Div
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Wave ,

Two things you can do :

1. Shoot the shit out of your 26 , this will lighten the pull up a bit ( 1 or 2 llbs )

2. See me at the range and I will take care of it for you ( Instructors have our ways )

For the guy that said the Instructor would not identify the 3.5 connector you are mistaken , it usually has a - mark on it identifying it.

Polishing it does very little , overall the best bet is to put alot of rounds through it.

Oh yeah if I were you I would stay away from the mini cougar.

Take care
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Waverunner,
Just take the #3.5 connector and a set of metal stamps. Turn the - into a +, install and forget about it. If you get caught, deny everything, pretend to be firearms ignorant and pretend that the gun came that way.

Karl
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Karl, you are my hero.  LOL

Get the union involved -- this is clearly an officer safety issue and you must not stand for management to put your lives at risk!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Troy,
Thanks for the assist, I couldn't get on sooner. You are indeed correct, it does take a bit of range time to get it down, but once you master it you will see an improvement on follow up shot times.  Give it a try 'runner
Be safe,
Mike  
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Trigger reset works great in some pistols such as Glocks and S&W’s.  With these guns, a slight forward movement of the trigger and you’re back in business.  You can almost shoot them like machineguns.

However, I’ve found that it doesn’t work well in Sig’s since the trigger must travel forward quite a bit to reset.  Plus, the Sig has a pretty weak trigger return spring.

On a Sig, it is very easy to NOT let the trigger go far enough forward to reengage the sear.  Thus, when you again pull the trigger - the gun doesn’t go off!!!  I’ve concluded that in an actual gunfight, trying a trigger reset with a Sig is a good way to get killed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top