Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 10:10:42 PM EDT
I am curious if I get my class 3 license. Buy a Colt model R0977 M4 carbine. Can I put it on a form 4 and keep in my private collection if I let my license run out?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can find a transferable RR M16 w/ M4 top or even a Pre-May 86 Dealer Sample R0977 M4, you can keep it for your personal collection when you give up your FFL/SOT status.  However, Post-May 86 Dealer Samples must be relinquished.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]
If you get your SOT (Class 3 FFL), you must conduct business with it.

If you try to use it for only a personal collection, the BATF will revoke it and throw you in jail for tax evasion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a storefront and a sot and go at it. I dont think you can keep them afterwards.
GG
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Just get an M16 lower and put an M4 upper on it . What makes the M4 an M4 is mostly the upper anyway .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top