Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 9:36:17 PM EDT
I have a ruger mini-14, well I guess it's the ranch rifle version. It has a choate side folder, flash hider, mags, stripper clips, rings, and the original stock is in 100% condition. The gun itself is probably 85%. It has no more that 1200 rounds through it. How much would be a good price to let it go for. I wanna buy a G27 with the money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I'll be the first person to tell you that you won't get much for it , its not very accurate but fun to shoot . You could get maybe $350 for it , its that there are other weapons in its caliber that are much better buys . Personally if I lived in UT I probably would look you up on it since I actually miss the one I sold 10 yrs ago ... sigh ... Oh you can tell the model you have by the rear peep site , if it folds down its the ranch , and the most valuable accesories you can have for it are 30 round magazines .
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
A Mini's value all hangs on the mags.  If they are Ruger mags, and 20s or 30s, they are worth a lot.  If they are PMIs or Thermolds or John Masens, they are worth something.  If they are anyone else's they aren't worth anything.

Stripper clips?  There is no stripper clip guide on the rifle, and I have never seen a mag charger for a Mini mag.  How do these work on your rifle?

The other stuff doesn't add much.  Most people (OK, *me*) prefer stock rifles without doodads, if I want doodads I will buy them myself.

Stainless or blue?  Probably $325 . . .

As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Send me an email or a way to contact you.  I have been looking for a Mini 14.  My email address is above [email protected]

thanks
medcop
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You should ask $450-$500 for the gun,it's per-ban if it has a flash hider and there are more per-ban AR-15s out there than Minis.
That gun is gold to somebody in a commie state(CA.,NY,ect.)
A new post-ban mini sales for $499.00 all day and last month they had per-ban minis in the4 shotgun news for over $600 and the guy sold out.

Now the stripper clips are are really just AR clips.
Chairborne is only 1/2 right on the guiges,they did(I say did) make them but there are VERY!!! tough to find.

If you have real M-16 stripper clip guids that fit mini 14 mags........SOLD!
Send me an e-mail and tell me how much you want.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]
You really need to confirm that this weapon is a pre-ban rifle.  That would be priority #1 in my book.  If it is not, you have an illegal assault weapon on your hands and the folding stock would have to go.  You might also want to check out this sight and look under the Ruger section for pricing guidance:  www.gunsamerica.com
Good luck,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I sold my stainless ranch rifle with several triple K  30rd mags, couple of sight enhancements/flash-hider, last Sept. for 480.00.  Mine was in 99% condition.  Sold it through the local Penny Pincher Paper.   You should try and advertise locally first.  If it is a preban... at least 500 in the condition you say.   Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
enigma2yOu,

You'll sell it if you put it in the paper.  Remember to give out your cell number and meet prospective buyers in parking lots though.  You could also hold back on your accessories and use them to "sweeten" the deal during the bargaining phase.

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you have real M-16 stripper clip guids that fit mini 14 mags........SOLD!
Send me an e-mail and tell me how much you want.

hell i got one that is made just for the mini 14
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
"That gun is gold to somebody in a commie state(CA.,NY,ect.)"

In NY State you can own any Rifle & all the Hi Cap mags you want.  A Rifle is not even considered a firearm in NY. You can Even own a Mini 14 in New York City, Just no mags over 5 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top