Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 1:55:05 PM EDT
I just bought a pre-ban colt AR-15 sporter. Its got the perminent carry handle (maybe thats what sporter means?). It has the 20" H-BAR with flash supressor. I see an ad in januray's edition of shotgun news by a place named One-Eyed Jacks selling "Colt Match HBAR Sptr 99%" for $1,795! Is this my gun? Does this prive seem high? Whats the deal gang?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds very high to me.
OneEyed Jack is usually way high.
Do you have the bayonet lug?
Which stock?
Reinforced magwell?
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw plenty of colt pre-bans at the last Boise gun show for about $1300. One even had the orig. box.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got back from my AT and decided to buy another AR-15. I can buy an Armalite post ban for around 800.00, A Colt H-bar green label for 1100.00, or a preban Oly H-bar for 1000.00-1100.00. The prices depend on geography. Around Fort Smith Ar. they seem lower than most other areas.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats what I thought. I dont know what a reinforced magwell looks like. I have the plain stock.  i dont think I have the bayonet lug but not sure. Im a virgin to ar's or even rifles for that matter. Im 23 and my first and only gun is a G17.....my first rifle is this Colt AR-15. I shot a freinds and fell in love. Educate me...my brain is your putty :-)
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Well siennfein, for being a newbie to all this stuff you certainly have good sense.  The Glock 17 and the Colt AR-15 is an awesome combination (I have both too!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top