Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 12:35:34 PM EDT
I ordered a Bushy Pre-ban 16" M4 upper last week, and it came on Saturday.  Of course, I mounted it on my Colt SP2 immediately!  tell me what you think!

An ARMS #38 with rear sight is next...once I can decide on the length I want.

Top upper is the old 20" Colt A1 "Mix'n Match" that came on the rifle.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You look good to go. I have the pre-ban Bushmaster M4A3 with the 14.5" barrel with permanently-attached Phantom.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like your lower receiver is missing 1/2 the stuff that supposed to be there.  

(mag fence, detent pin,...)
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks like your lower receiver is missing 1/2 the stuff that supposed to be there.  

(mag fence, detent pin,...)

Bite me
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the same thing over the summer to finish off my preban Bushmaster.  Some how they managed to get it to me the day after I ordered it...can anyone figure that one out (I wasn't charged for anything but standard shipping)?  I don't have a problem with it, it's just a mystery.

M4 hand guards on the Bushy M4 upper are very tight, but they feel MUCH more solid than the comparatively flimsy CAR hand guards that come with it.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
M4 hand guards on the Bushy M4 upper are very tight, but they feel MUCH more solid than the comparatively flimsy CAR hand guards that come with it.  

Personally, I like the handguards on my Colt better...MUCH better than those on the Bushy.  They have a better feel IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice brouhaha.  Now all you need are Colt M4 handguards and a fiberite adjustable stock.

...oh yeah, and sights might help too!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Very nice brouhaha.  Now all you need are Colt M4 handguards and a fiberite adjustable stock.

...oh yeah, and sights might help too!

Actually, I've found that no sights and a cross-hair contact lense in my right eye works great!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Now all you need are Colt M4 handguards and a fiberite adjustable stock.

Can you recommend a good place online to get the colt double-shielded handguards for the BM M4?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Rapier -

Pete-in-NH, one of our excellent resident parts sellers has brand new Colt double heat shield M4 handguards for $40.  You can find the posting in the Equipment Exchange under Parts for Sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top