Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 11:23:37 AM EDT
While doing an internet search for .30-06 black tip ammo
I found some .30-06 API silver tip,what is this stuff ??
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
While doing an internet search for .30-06 black tip ammo
I found some .30-06 API silver tip,what is this stuff ??

Armor Piercing Incendiary.  Nasty stuff.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot a lot of it in my 50 cal.......
Really has a good payload in a 750gr projo.

I have some black tip 30.06. Never seen the api in 30.06......new or old????

Axeldawg
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
API is fun, but relatively expensive and only available in component form (AFAIK) for those of us who reload. Basically, when fired at a hard plate, it creates a HUGE white flash on impact. This is probably magnesium, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the component bullets are quite expensive, but are available from a few suppliers on line. This stuff won't make you any new friends at the range, due to the tracer like propensity to start fires.
Here's some:
www.hi-techammo.com/
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
API is fun, but relatively expensive and only available in component form (AFAIK) for those of us who reload. Basically, when fired at a hard plate, it creates a HUGE white flash on impact. This is probably magnesium, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the component bullets are quite expensive, but are available from a few suppliers on line. This stuff won't make you any new friends at the range, due to the tracer like propensity to start fires.
Here's some:
www.hi-techammo.com/

That's the site I found too.

So what's the point of the incendiary stuff in a rifle bullet ??  (I understand the AP)

I don't get it. Am I missing something ?

Someone enlighten me
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]

So what's the point of the incendiary stuff in a rifle bullet ??  (I understand the AP)

I don't get it. Am I missing something ?

Someone enlighten me

to start fires
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
OK , I get it.

THX
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey cnatra !
I find myself staring at your bio pic way too much...
..but I digress.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, what osprey21 said.  That gal's got to have a bad back, and it looks to me like the pressure in her implants is running low.  Have you got something maybe in a wet t-shirt?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top