Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 4:54:27 AM EDT
I know the mechanics of how to sight it in but I am wondering at what range and where should I have POA relative to POI? Set it up for 6 o'clock or dead on?

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?

I can't be the only one who owns one of these "rare" pistols!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It really is up to your personal preference.

My opinion...if you're plinking at 25 yards, I'd set up the pistol for a center hold.  

If you're trarget shooting, then I prefer a 6 o'clock hold with just a hairline showing.

Whatever works best for you...
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What FNC said.  If you're shooting "targets of opportunity" that differ in size, then having the POA = POI at 25 yards is probably the best bet.  .22s shoot pretty flat under 50 yards, you won't need mych elevation change.  I shoot bullseye the most, so my .22s are sighted in for a six o'clock hold on a standard NRA or USRA bullseye target.  These vary proportional to the distance & I need no elevation change from 50 feet to 50 yards.

HTH,
Norm in NJ
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My 6 7/8" Govt. Target Model is sighted in to hit dead on at (?) distance.  What distance?  Can't remember (sheepish look).  Would be either 25 or 50 yards, though.  It shoots so straight, I just know how much to hold over to hit at all ranges, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top