Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 7:20:22 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these? Looking for a new 'fun' gun and what could be more fun?
Any thoughts on:
Quality of the product?
Reliability?

Thanks for any info.

Allen
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it's really fun. Didn't like the stock so I cut it off and put a GPC adapter on it to use the detachable 1928 stock...much better. Quality is ok, had to touch up some of the blue from scratches caused by the box. Gobbles ammo from sticks and drums, had to fix a ten round drum to make it work, and my original 50 round drums work fine also. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the newly manufactured Thompson SMG?  I know Auto-Ordnance (Kahr) bought out Thompson a while back.

I too am interested in the QUALITY of these, as I know the original Thompsons were quite a reliable gun.  Nothing like a .45acp smg!

How much do these cost?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#3]
These are the semi-auto versions and go for about $700-750.

I had one. Neat at first, but got old quick.

Mine was reliable with good ammo.

Not real good accuracy, but that's not what it as ment for.

Completely different animal that a real Tommy.

Registering one as an SBR and putting a SMG barrel on it might be a neat idea, though, if possible.

You may get more insight here: www.machinegunbooks.com/cgibin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife just made me get one for her, it was horrible :)   I am now searching for mags, and drums anyone have any ideas where they can be picked up?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My wife just made me get one for her, it was horrible :)   I am now searching for mags, and drums anyone have any ideas where they can be picked up?

Try the NFA ad board over at www.subguns.com. Mags aren't that bad, but expect to may more for the drums than you did the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top