Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2002 4:19:05 PM EDT
Ive had this gun less than a week and I dont have a carrying case for it yet. I wanted to get a bag-type like the Galati or the one J&G sells. They both come in black, 42" and have clip pouches on the outside. Anyone bought the bag-type and have opinions on which one is good? Im a virgin to this hobby and need lots of learnin! Also I want to get a cheek rest...any brands or companies to stay away from? Also, whats a good scope mount for the A2 style AR that can except most scopes?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, the AR-15.com bag is made byGalati.
Check the Store link at the top of the page.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I saw those and I dont know if the price is still $75 but I can get a plain Galati for $30. I like the websight but Im on a budget :-)
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not consider a gun guard hard case? They are lockable and don't draw as much attention as those "nasty assault weapon" cases. Do a web search, they should run about $70.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the "nasty" look because if someone doesnt like the fact that I have an AR I get to crush them in a debate :-)
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Blackhawk tactical has some cool cases.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an AMS padded case with the exterior mag pouches. I totally recommend the outside pouches and even better if you also get a zippered pouch.

I think the AMS cases are still $30-$40. I also bought longer ones for my M1A's in the same configuration.

I don't like the hard long cases because they take up too much room and are too bulky. I never use the Bushmaster hard case anymore.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for your responses. The tactical bags are very very nice but too rich for my blood! Cat find any info on those AMS bags yet. Anybody have any info on those?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a couple of the Galati cases, and they're well padded and well made.  I recommend them.

On the down side, though, if you put a big-ass scope on a carry handle and add a PSG-1 style grip you will no longer be able to close one of those cases.  I've got to buy a new one for Bushmaster for that reason.

I think there may be some legal implications to carrying loaded mags in the mag pouches of these assault rifle cases, so I would recommend that mags always be empty when so carried in a car, etc.  Not sure about this, but I'm a suspenders-and-belt type when it comes to firearms law.  Don't give 'em a reason to cause you trouble.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I've purchased 2 cases from Galati, A King case (the mid level) and a Galati (the high end).  Very good cases, especially for the money.  I would not hesitate to buy another.

BTW which model has the pockets for "Clips" on the outside?  My cases all have pockets for Magazines, the clips are kept in the range box to load the empty magazines one I get to the range <G>.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top