Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 9:05:52 AM EDT
I just recently got on the forum here, just bought a SP1 carbine.  I appreciate all the knowledge I've gotten from the site to make my new purchase.   Had a couple of questions and was lookin for some help. What is the difference between slab side and raised fence?  I bought the sp1 for shooting (mainly) and collectability (second).  Would anyone recommend a different upper?  I think it'd be a good idea as I would get better accuracy and a forward bolt assist (and keep my sp1 upper in good shape).  What kind of USGI mags should I get?  Saw a magazine listing/breakdown by one of the moderators but can't find it again.  Ok, one more... I am in the market for glock 21 hi caps and don't know what "NDF" means.  Thanks for any info you can give.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
NDF=Non Drop Free = When released the magazine doesn't fall completely from the magazine well. You have to pull or shake it out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the difference between slab side and raised fence?

Raised fence protects mag release from accidental manipulation

Would anyone recommend a different upper?
Believe you need to check your front pivot pin, if it is the same size as the rear takedown pin your okay for other uppers, if it's larger than the rear you'll need aftermarket adapters to mate new uppers.

What kind of USGI mags should I get? Any brand name will be okay as long as it's a true USGI.

NDF? JB got that one. Might add that while these will not drop (while loaded), when empty (after shooting) my Model 21 mags will fall free. The NDF G17 mags I have don't fall under the same conditions (empty).

Mike
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  So the factory glock mags are NDF, right? (mine drop about 1/2-1 inch when mag release is pushed)
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top