Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2002 8:06:22 AM EDT
Since I've yet to see an unanswered question here, I thought I'd ask this one.

I'm the "Gun Guy" at work, And was asked about a Remington "Sportsman" auto-loader shotgun by a guy at work. He had bought it with the idea of using it as a deer & bird gun. It was bought at a now gone gunshop, with the usual "Oh Yeah!, Parts and barrels are just like the 1100's". Needless to say this is Not the case. I know that these guns were eather a direct copy or near copy of a Browning A5. I was hopeing that one or more of You might know where I can find other barrels for this gun?

Thanks!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Try here:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=0860z1148

Just checked and they list parts for the 11-48
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If you think its an A5 copy I'd ask somebody with an A5 to remove their barrel and see if it fits on your shotgun. If it does you can probably find an A5 barrel - Browning made a zillon of them.

Edited - I still can't spell
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]
It's called the Model 11-48. Barrels shouldn't be too terribly hard to find as it was made for alomost twenty years. Get the Gun List and start looking through it. That'll be your best bet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]

If you think its an A5 copy I'd ask somebody with an A5 to remove their barrel and see if it fits on your shotgun. If it does you can probably find an A5 barrel - Browning made a zillon of them.

Trust me when I say this: ALMOST NO PARTS FROM AN AUTO 5 BROWNING WILL INTERCHANGE WITH ANY OF ITS KIN. The exceptions to this are springs and friction rings. This also applies to the different members of this family interchanging with each other. No parts sharing with Savages, Remingtons, or Franchis. This is the single worst thing about this design.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey I think Jim and I are on the same page for once.  The Browning A5 and the 11-48 are drastically different guns, the only similarity being that they are recoil-operated shotguns.  Looking to other Remingtons, I doubt if anything off the 11-48 except maybe some pins, springs or minor trigger or bolt parts interchanges with the 1100 as the 1100 is a later design gas-operated gun.  The Remington Model 11, OTOH, is related to a Browning design.  Still I'd be surprised if any of the parts interchanged.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey I think Jim and I are on the same page for once.  The Browning A5 and the 11-48 are drastically different guns, the only similarity being that they are recoil-operated shotguns.  Looking to other Remingtons, I doubt if anything off the 11-48 except maybe some pins, springs or minor trigger or bolt parts interchanges with the 1100 as the 1100 is a later design gas-operated gun.  The Remington Model 11, OTOH, is related to a Browning design.  Still I'd be surprised if any of the parts interchanged.

Hey! Thanks for all of the info! I've been looking in My old copy Of the Gunparts Catalog and I'm guessing that You guys are correct, That the Remington and the Browning >Are< two different beasts. I have yet to see this shotgun in person, and was going by what the local (Read worthless) gun shops have passed on to me after asking around for info on these guns. I'll keep looking as Gunparts says that they are out of barrels (My copy didn't even list the 12ga. ones). Any other help would be great!

Thanks!

Tall Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top