Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 8:03:16 AM EDT
I am looking at a RRA AR-15 for sale.
It has a 20" barrel with no brake, only a groove around the end of the barrel. The upper is the old style (A1?) single piece without the A2 sights. It also comes with one 20 rounder and a Eurolux 4x20 top mount scope. The have the price at $750. Fair?

Steve
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
That sounds "fair", since it comes with the scope.  Personally, since you can get a new Bushmaster for that same price, with the A2 sights, I'd would rather go that route and get known quality/warranty.

The "RRA" rifle you mention... are you sure it's all RRA?  The "groove around the end of the barrel" sure sounds like an Olympic Arms barrel to me, and not a RRA.

Most RRA rifles I have seen have a smooth bbl all the way out, no groove.  Most all of the Oly's have the groove.

I wasn't aware RRA even ever made an A1 type upper receiver.

Sounds like this could be a parts gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what the scope is worth but I don't factor accessories into the price when looking at stuff unless it's Aimpoint, Trijicon, Leupold, etc, etc.

Just looking at the rifle itself (which does sound like a parts gun) I would say in the $600.00 range. Even though some folks prefer A1 sights, they actually hurt the value.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#3]

The "RRA" rifle you mention... are you sure it's all RRA?  The "groove around the end of the barrel" sure sounds like an Olympic Arms barrel to me, and not a RRA.

Most RRA rifles I have seen have a smooth bbl all the way out, no groove.  Most all of the Oly's have the groove.

I wasn't aware RRA even ever made an A1 type upper receiver.

Sounds like this could be a parts gun.

It may very well be a parts gun. If I can get the Bushmaster for the same price in an A2 version, I may pass on this one.
The scope is not really that big a deal because I have an Elcan for it.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AIM_BushMaster_Rifles_3.html

$719 for a Bushamaster carbine, $729 for a 20" complete A2 rifle.

Figure $20 or so for shipping, and find a local FFL who will do the transfers for you... for $20-$30.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top