Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2002 3:55:50 PM EDT
Has anyone else had problems with the Redi Mag by BOONIE PACKER falling apart?I took my weapon to the range today for the first time with the Redi Mag installed.I was firing my first few rounds when my reserve mag dropped out.The mag catch on the Redi mag seperated from the retaining collar and fell to the floor with the mag.I noticed that the only thing holding it together was 4 slight crimps if you can even call them that.Has anyone else experienced this problem?Thanks AP
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I know there is a screw that can be adjusted to 'time' the release of that mag.  I don't own one but I spent an hour in the local gun shop listening to a couple guys discuss the Redi-Mag.  They said you can adjust this particular screw so you could time the release of the magazines....in sequence or at the same time.  

Perhaps you have a screw loose.

lol, anyway, hope that helps.  I'm going to purchase a Redi-Mag soon, probably next week.  Here's a question for you, does the Redi-Mag offset the balance of the rifle?  I would think it'd create a lean towards the left since the extra mag would weigh it down...

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey hokieman nah no screws loose :).On the Redi Mag there is a pin that is a extended mag release.So when you go to release your spent mag it also releases the mag you have in the Redi Mag.this pin is spring loaded with a pressed on retaing collar.Well the collar  wasnt securely crimped and it just popped out.I compared it to another Redi mag and the crimp looks totaly diffrent .As for the balance i dont even notice it.One thing that is somewhat annoying is when you go to sling your rifle the Redi Mag protrudes out a bit and is a little uncomfortable.As for the pin i think im going to just tack a spot weld on the sucker.Ill forward a pic so you can do the same.Just seems like a weak stress point.AP
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
excellent, I look forward to the pic.  I was gonna wait another week to purchase the Redi-Mag but your post inspired me to grab it this week...lol...this is how I purchase most of my shit, impulse.  Oh well, hobbies are meant to be fun...too bad this one's so expensive!  Watch, I'll end up getting a couple mags to boot.

good luck
~h

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top