Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 12:04:16 PM EDT
My family gave me a Colt HBAR 6700 for my 50th birthday. It is my first rifle of that type. I thought it would be a great ground hog gun and I plan to get a scope. Are there any special considerations? I thought I would take off the handle and fit the scope to the rail. Any problems with using a Harris Bipod?
Cheers
LCBeebe
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
A great ground hog gun? Due to their size, i doubt they could lift it,  mabey a derringer though....

Sorry, everyones a comedian.

Sound's like a good plan to me.

Where in VA are there ground hogs? I just moved here a month ago, and i've only seen alot of woods. Are there fields somewhere in this state too?

50 years old?  Better late then never i guess, good luck  :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You have the right idea on taking off the carry handle for the scope, it'll be more accurate that way. Unless you reload, experiment with ammo & see what works best, accuracy wise, before you hunt. Darn good guns & you should grow to love shooting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top