Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 9:41:03 AM EDT
lets just say I know someone who recently built a lightning link type device and installed it into an ar-15, first test firing was done from
a rigged up stand using a pull string to fire the weapon, all went well as to the full auto firing of the weapon. I have concernes though of misfires or soft primer hits resulting in the weapon firing while not fully in a locked condition. Has anyone hear ever heard of any problems resulting from a home built lightning link ???

Please spare the federal prison warnings I am fully aware of the current laws and have passed them on to my "friend"
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]

"friend"

Hmmmm
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Take the bolt out of your AR and play with it for a little while. Try to get the firing pin to protrude from the front of the bolt without it being in the locked position. (hint: you can't)

While a slamfire is a real possibility an out of battery detonation is a true rarity.

Take care not to end up as an accessory to a crime with your "friend".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top