Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 10:24:58 PM EDT
This may I am going to the cannes film festival and I was wondering if there were any gunshops in that city. Also, any ideas on how to find them?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This may I am going to the cannes film festival and I was wondering if there were any gunshops in that city. Also, any ideas on how to find them?

Ask a local cop?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask a local cop?

you obviously dont understand how the french see guns...
...be careful who you ask, and what you ask, j'ai peur de la lipo, surtout la police nationale
mais c'est moi
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Le Gun Shoppe? Wee wee!  Good luck getting through customs.  "Do you have any fruits or nuts?"  "No, just this here LAW Rocket launcher I purchase from Pepe le Pu!"
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You may be too busy taking in the sights to search out a gun store.  If you do though, maybe you can look up the gunsmith who made the .22 cal rifle used in The Day of the Jackal.    
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Are French guns classified as weapons?  I didn't think any of them actually worked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are French guns classified as weapons?  I didn't think any of them actually worked.

yah, be sure to ask the 18 year old on compulsory military duty in the metro station "hey jackass, im a pompous american, does your frog gun work?" and see then if his FAMAS works.
the french may be pompous, arrogant, bad engineers, etc. etc. etc. but i wouldnt want to find out if the one who had his rifle pointed at me fit the stereotype.
YMMV
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
What french gun would you want? The only thing I could think of is you might get a deal on an SL-8 in Europe. What's leagle in France anyway.
I have a gut fealing that says they don't sell s/a FAMAS's to mere mortals.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I asked this question on most of the boards. It seems that the french can have semi auto famas with only 10rd mags and in .222. No mill cals are allowed. Also supressors are allowed for .22 pistols and rifles. Most of the shops are very high end.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I asked this question on most of the boards. It seems that the french can have semi auto famas with only 10rd mags and in .222. No mill cals are allowed. Also supressors are allowed for .22 pistols and rifles. Most of the shops are very high end.

If that's true they have better laws than CA. Damn. It. :/
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
don't bad mouth the french, they invented the parachute.icecream,,and smokeless gunpowder..  the later sure made it possible to actually look down the barrel when you shoot..
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#12]
"bad mouth the French"

Why does that strike me as funny?

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Having had similar problems before, the best course of action is to buy a gun magazine at the Airport or wherever. From there you should be able to figure out what's legal and some locations of gunshops. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Having had similar problems before, the best course of action is to buy a gun magazine at the Airport or wherever. From there you should be able to figure out what's legal and some locations of gunshops. Hope this helps.

I grew up in Germany, travelled extensively in France, Benelux and Scandinavia, and, other than in Scandinavia (Sweden), I have never seen a gun magazine for sale anywhere in public transport areas, such as train stations and airports. Esp. now, after 9/11, anybody toting a gun mag in a Eur. or US international airport is asking for a confrontation with the powers that be.

Which is, all the more reason to do it- who ever hurt anybody with a magazine, unless it was rolled up and stuck into somebody's gut?

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.
- --KRIS KRISTOFFERSON
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"bad mouth the French"

Why does that strike me as funny?

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel....
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#16]
95thfoot-

At Cleveland International and at Akron-Canton the newstands sell Guns and Ammo, Gun World, and Combat hangun, so things aren't that bad here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top