Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 8:54:12 PM EDT

Any one see the ad for this in Shotgun News????

www.glockcarbine.com/

Now, the ad and web page says it's legal.  But, you're taking a pistol (imported pistol) and turning it into a rifle.  Granted, it's like the 1911 kit, but I thought you couldn't 'manufacture' a rifle from imported parts????  Does this rule apply to a Glock pistol to rifle conversion????

Any takers?  Or should I post on Glocktalk instead???

Kaliburz

PS - Personally, I'd like a 357 Sig kit...I have a Sub 40.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
yes its legal becouse in its configuration it would still be importable
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, I think I get it.  It's a rifle that has the magazine in the grip??? and not outside?

As long as it's legal.....(for some reason, I think it might not be in California...)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen the stocks in other catalogs, but I have never seen the long barrel.  NOT ME!!!  I will stick with my Glock pistol just the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Why have a stock and a longer barrel if you're not going to increase the sight radius?  Was this contraption invented with the Glock 18 in mind?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#7]
That barrel has to be just for show (and legal purposes).  There's no way you could get a one piece 16 inch barrel through the slide of a glock.  Must be a threaded barrel with a screw on attachment.  This is like the "barrel extention" on the Tec 9s, totally useless.  Unless of course, I am wrong and there is some way to get uniform rifling through a threaded barrel and a screw on attachment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#8]
That's ugly :o
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes it's legal. Just as a TC Contender can be a carbine, just remember, if you put the stock on but not the barrel, you have a Short Barreled Rifle and that is bad. Yes, it's a real barrel
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!  Shiver me timbers and blow me down while you're at it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is another one by Mech Tech.  This one actually replaces the glock slide.

www.mechtechsys.com/

SB
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is another one by Mech Tech.  This one actually replaces the glock slide.

www.mechtechsys.com/

SB

SB,

I know of the Glock CCU one.  Why this would interest me is the 357 Sig option.  So far, no one offers a 357 Sig 'carbine'.  If I get a Mech Tech CCU, it'll be for the G21 (45 ACP).  But I don't see their product disapearing anytime soon, so I'll wait.  Just wanted to get this out and get the 'word' on it.

slt223,

The sight radius would be an important thing.  Here's a pic of a 'soulution'.....

With the tactical mount under the gun, you can put a weaver type rail as in the pic and then install the barrel.  An Optima 2000 or similar red dot system could be used for 'long range' shooting.  Oh, they have a pic of the stock being used on an G18.

A full/semi assult pistol is very possible w/ this gun/setup.  If you're an LE or have the right licences.... If you got a G22/31, get the select switch that replaces the plastic cover on the back of the slide and get a vertical forgrip installed on the tac/accessories rail, you'd have one mean looking gun (and use the Scherer 29 round mags).

Kaliburz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top