Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 6:36:18 AM EDT
What's up with this bunch?

You respond to a topic by saying that the HK's and AR15/M16 are both great weapons with good/bad points and all you hear is how much of a POS the AR15/M16 is.

Some members seem to be quite narrow minded when it comes to non-HK weapons. (edited from initialy saying: What a bunch of narrow minded dick-heads).

If you dare start a topic like this, it is immediately removed by the moderator.

Anybody else had this experience over there?

AR15.COM tends to give all weapons a fair shake.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Tom really runs a tight ship over there.  Since it's his board, he can run it any way he sees fit.  

Yes, it is narrowly focused, but it's still a good source of HK information.  That's why it's called HK Pro.

[edited for proper wording]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, its a good source of information on non-NFA HK stuff. Subguns.com is the place for the NFA topics.

Still could be a little more liberal, though.

"Liberal" as in "not so tight-assed", not the political meaning.

They still should consider the merits of each weapon. Not just a "if it's not HK it's a POS" attitude.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Tom keeps those boards in order.  If a topic starts getting into a pissing match, it is immediately closed or deleted.

I'm a member of that board, and have been for quite some time.  I guess that makes me a dick-head.  I think you need to choose you wording more carefully, as many members here are also members of HKPRO.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tom keeps those boards in order.  If a topic starts getting into a pissing match, it is immediately closed or deleted.

I'm a member of that board, and have been for quite some time.  I guess that makes me a dick-head.  I think you need to choose you wording more carefully, as many members here are also members of HKPRO.

I appologize, I should say SOME members and will ammend my initial post.

I am just saying that it would be nice to have some constructive input, not just the "HK's are Gods weapons and the rest are crap" like SOME posters insist on.

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I have nothing but respect for Tom and most of the long time members.  

However, I have major problems with some of the members over there, and I believe that there is a share of posers over there.

Brouhaha, I think you know what I'm talking about, and of course you are one of the members I respect.

*Editted because I don't want to start a board flame war...
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a member of HKPRO.com too.  I get ticked off sometimes at how quick stuff can get deleted but oh well...what can I do.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I own both HK products and AR's.  I belong to both boards.  Both AR's and HK's are great weapons!  HKPRO wants nothing but HK related posts, no big deal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah...there are some goof balls over there.  I check it every once in awhile for HK info, but it's really not a place to 'hang out' like AR15.com is.  

QS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top