Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 2:30:09 PM EDT
Anyone who has experience.......please tell me everything you know about them.....thanks....B&G
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
i shot an older (from the 80's i think but not sure, it's not my gun) one twice recently and after i got used to the recoil i liked it.  i think a good scope would be nice on it.  they feel nice, short, look just like a 10/22 except have an internal mag tube.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Great deer gun. I can shoot mine very well out to 200yds. Keep the action well lubed and use only factory ammo as hot as you can get it. Mine seems to cycle best that way. A scope is nice but not necessary the sights are ok. I mounted a shotgun scope on mine and track with both eyes open that way.  Some grip tape on the stock will help you manage the recoil better and give you a quicker follow up shot.
Hold onto it if you get one they are slowly but surely going up in value especially now that Ruger introduced the new model with the magazine.
Fun gun, fine shooters, in my experience.
NM
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one that would only function 100% with IMI ammo. When that ammo dried up I sold it.
I guess it might have worked with "HOT" handloads but I don't have the patience or time...
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, mine likes stiff handloads as well, but functions fine with factory ammo too.  My Dad also has one and it's the same way in regards to ammo.  His somehow got the stock busted on it, and he got a fajen for it with a high comb and if your not careful it'll give you a nasty little whack on the cheek bone.  Great little woods and brush guns, quick handeling in tight brushy conditions and perfect at woods ranges for deer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys........
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
This rifle is my primary Tennessee Deer gun! My Dad gave me one with a fixed 4X scope, just enough. It has great redfield mounts and is a very light package. I reload 300g Hornady XTP's with 21g of H110. It has never failed to feed, extract, etc. It is a bitch to get rounds out of the magizine with cold fingers after hunting.

You used to be able to get walnut stocks from Fajen, I am not sure if they are still available or not. One other word, the old ones are supposed to be more acurate since the new Deerfield carbine changed the barrel twist. I dont know this personally, but I would inquire. Additionally, the old style is much more quiter when cycling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top