Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 1:18:04 PM EDT
NEED INFO!  AS I RECOLLECT FROM A PREVIOUS GUN SHOW (CHARLOTTE, NC) A NUMBER OF PEOPLE WERE ARRESTED FOR SELLING THEIR OWN GUNS.  DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHY?  SO, IF A PERSON DOES TAKE A WEAPON TO A GUN SHOW WHAT DO THEY NEED TO DO, ASK FOR A PERMIT ON THE WEAPON THEY WANT TO SELL (WHETHER LONG GUN OR PISTOL)?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard of this.
Was it in a newspaper?
What would they be arrested for?
I always see people carrying around guns that they are trying to sell.

Are you going to the big Greensboro gunshow next weekend?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Selling a handgun to someone who doesn't have the official LEO-blessing to buy.  A friend of mine was interested in a Jeep a guy had for sale at a gun show at the Metrolina Expo Center.  The guy with the Jeep claimed to have seen six guys that morning arrested for trying to buy a handgun without the sheriff's blessing.  That sounded like BS.  I only saw one guy go away in handcuffs the entire time we were there, and that was only because he tried to buy more than one handgun.z
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
you're right. Just don't sell to anyone unless they give you a pistol permit first. Long guns don't apply.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Selling a handgun to someone who doesn't have the official LEO-blessing to buy.  A friend of mine was interested in a Jeep a guy had for sale at a gun show at the Metrolina Expo Center.  The guy with the Jeep claimed to have seen six guys that morning arrested for trying to buy a handgun without the sheriff's blessing.  That sounded like BS.  I only saw one guy go away in handcuffs the entire time we were there, and that was only because he tried to buy more than one handgun.z

What the Hell???   It sounds like a freakin' communist state !  

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
hg112, E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top