Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 9:13:36 PM EDT
What is the general opinion of the new berreta 9000s?  

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I DON'T care for it at all!  Get a Cougar compact.  The controls on the 9000 are very tight and not comfortable to work even for my hands (I'm 6'2", 245 lbs of REAL MAN!).
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The NEW one? i thought this came out a couple years ago? "But according to Beretta its still new just checked their website."Its very wide and has an akward slide stop. The models with a safety are even wider.  Ever handle a Glock 30? Its short like that but very fat on the sides.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Also NO ONE makes holsters for it last i checked. I am Also a BIG GUY and this gun is too wide for my hands.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, Bertta makes a pretty slick holster for it that is adjustable for cant and looks like a disk.

Keving67, have you handled one yet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't think it would be too popular.  Any recommendations for a ccw?

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
For CCW. Well that depends on what type of handguns fit you. If you like the ergonomics of the 1911. A Double stack Para Ordinance may be the solution. Or for Single stack a Kimber Pro Carry or Compact. If you like the Glock they have 3 Frame sizes to choose from in 9mm, .40 S&W. The model 17 and 22 are full size and the models 26,27,19,23 are the small and mids.They also make 2 compact sizes in .45 models 30 and 36. KAHR makes a very compact and slim single stack 9mm the K-9. I have sold many of these and they are great. A good friend of mine bought one from me about a year ago and still loves it.  Whatever you choose make it a point to figure out what feels best in your hands and also ask to try it on with various holsters. Also if you do decide on one try and find a local range that rents that model out. If not try and find a friend or a friend of a friend that has one and is willing to let you shoot it.  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I was carrying a Kahr P9 but got rid of it. I now carry a Kimber Pro Carry or Ultra Carry. What concerns me most about a carry gun is the width. I put a set of slim grips on both Kimbers and now they are barely thicker than the P9. The P9 would hold 7+1 of 9mm. The ProCarry holds 7+1 of .45! I didn't give up on capacity and I gained in caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top