Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup yup.....
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
A C&R license is a FFL. It is type03 and its sole purpose is to enable the FFl to collect C&R firearms interstate to enhance their collection.
You are required to have a bound book. However only those firearms obtained through the use of the license are required to be entered. The major plus regarding the bound book is, since a type03 FFL is not "actively engaged in the business" when the license is expired or surrendered you are not required to turn over the book to BATF. Type01 license holders are required to turn over their records to BATF and keep copies for 20 years after their license is expired or surrendered.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think dealers are required to keep their records for 20 years after giving up their FFL.  Once they forward their business records to the BATF, that is the end of it.  The 20 years is how long they have to keep records while they are in business.  Business records that are over 20 years old can be destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#5]

However only those firearms obtained through the use of the license are required to be entered.

I thought all C&R firearms purchased while you hold a C&R license were required to be listed in your bound book. Even if you didn't specifically use your license to purchase the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:.

I thought all C&R firearms purchased while you hold a C&R license were required to be listed in your bound book. Even if you didn't specifically use your license to purchase the weapon.

I did also untill I asked BATF in a email and they told me only firearms bought with the license must be entered.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#7]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did also untill I asked BATF in a email and they told me only firearms bought with the license must be entered.

That's good to know, Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Hold up, regardless of what someone says on the telephone or states in conversation, it doesn't mean a helluva lot. Needs to be in writing. As I recall, there was a recent BATF memo sent out to licensees stating that ALL C&R eligible firearms acquired need to be logged in, even if you didn't use your license. I'll dig through my papers and see what I can find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top