Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2002 4:49:18 PM EDT
In my last two trips to the range I've noticed that I shoot a bit low while shooting in the prone position. Anybody else shoot differently in that position.

Also, I was shooting with my compact ACOG mounted on a fixed carry handle. I'm not for sure if I'm doing the same with iron sites (I'll have to check that next time I go to the range).

It's weird, I was shooting the same from the bench, standing, and in sitting position. Just in the prone position did it affect POI. And it was consistant.

What's the best way to correct this?

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you zeroed your rifle from the bench on a rest the POI will be different when you shoot from the prone position at the same target (i.e. you got lower, it stayed the same height). As a competition shooter I can tell you that I do use different elevation settings from standing to sitting at the same yard line, but for me it's because my head position is different. Farther back in standing which increases the sight radius.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top