Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 12:58:00 PM EDT
Wrap their gun grips in tape?  What is the purpose?  Please explain.

Nuckles.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Fingerprints?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wrap their gun grips in tape?  What is the purpose?  Please explain.

Nuckles.  

I dont have a damm clue but I will guess the following:

1. They have a POS with a cracked grip.

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
SJSAMPLE:  You can't retrieve fingerprints  from tape?

Six: Seems like the only logical explination to me.

Nuckles.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Cloth tape!  That explains what I was missing.  Forensics today are scary though, I wouldn't put it past them getting prints from cloth.

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw on a crime show recently where they got fingerprints off of a dead woman's body by building a plastic tent over it and burning super-glue. The residue from the burning glue settled on her body and exposed a handprint on her naked stomach that was invisible to the naked eye before the glue technique.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Who says that they DO?   :-) If you keep enough oil on the pc to keep it functional and non rusting, all you have to do is hold one end of it in your shirttail while you rub the other end of the gun with the shirttail, then reverse and repeat. prints are then unreadable, Prints are from your skin's natural oils. Mix other oils with those, and rub, and presto, no readable print. Dont forget any that might be on the mag, always use gloves when loading the gun, and when assembling it. Normally, the powder and oil residues of firing will ruin any prints that might be on the fired cases, tho.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I saw on a crime show recently where they got fingerprints off of a dead woman's body by building a plastic tent over it and burning super-glue. The residue from the burning glue settled on her body and exposed a handprint on her naked stomach that was invisible to the naked eye before the glue technique.

I think you have been watching too much Beverly Hills Cop movies. J/K....I saw the same show that you did. It was pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#9]
they can ID the gun buy the firing pin indentation as each gun is different,and if they load there guns with out gloves the brass will have there finger prints.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If they load their guns without gloves, the brass will have their fingerprints.

Exactly the reason I do not handle my pistol ammo with my bare hands. The way things are nowadays, you shoot someone in self-defense and get busted. I don't want to leave my fingerprints on the casings for evidence. Hopefully, it will never come down to that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they load their guns without gloves, the brass will have their fingerprints.

Exactly the reason I do not handle my pistol ammo with my bare hands. The way things are nowadays, you shoot someone in self-defense and get busted. I don't want to leave my fingerprints on the casings for evidence. Hopefully, it will never come down to that.

Suddenly I feel like wiping down 1000's of rnds of ammo.........
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Jett3, You write alot like a guy called Hardin over on the Shooters board. What's your take on pocket carry? Or 22 hornet revolvers for that matter? Do you know anything about prison life? Just asking!

Don in Ohio

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like I unintentionally started a "how to" thread.  Scary.  

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#14]
They do?  The only place I've seen that is in the movies.  Of course, yootful criminals will sometimes imitate what they have seen in the movies.  I had a cheap Chinese 9mm, once, that required tape or rubber bands around the grip to keep the poorly molded panels from moving around.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#15]
We had a guy leave 1 fingerprint on a box of ammo and one fingerprint on a brass casing.

They wrap tape to keep fingerprints off and also wrap rubber bands to keep the gun in their sweat pants waist band "Mexican" style.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I had a cheap Chinese 9mm, once, that required tape or rubber bands around the grip to keep the poorly molded panels from moving around.

BAHAHAHAAHAH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top