Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 9:13:19 AM EDT
I finally got my Bushmaster 16" A3 carbine all pimped out for CQB/Mall Ninja Duties. I will post pics when I can. It has an Oly Arms FIRSH (free-floating rail system), with a KA vertical foregrip and an Insight Tech M3 flashlight at the 3'oclock. On the upper sits an Eotech 511 holosight, which is everything I hoped it would be. On the lower, I have a Hogue grip, with a DPMS grip plug for storage, making the grip extra comfy. Between the two sits the Accuwedge, the best $2 I ever spent on a gun.

Now, I can finally take it to the range...
------------------------------------------------
I would like to thank the following folks, who get an official Spearweasel Endorsement.

Heritage Arms (Austin, TX): Once you decided I was actually planning to buy something, you were very helpful.

Cheaper Than Dirt: Thanks for the Accuwedge and the Hogue grip. Rubber is good.

Botach Tactical: You were sort of weak on the "friendly to customers" thing, but your prices were very good, and you shipped my stuff correctly and on time, or would have if UPS hadn't f*cked it up. I will do business with you again.

Olympic Arms: Your FIRSH is Tha Bomb. I love it. Your customer service is top-notch, and very friendly.

Hank Fleming, Gunsmith (Austin TX): You do good work at a reasonable price, and do it in a timely manner. I will recommend you to my friends.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
If you did it right, she should look something like this:

Seriously.  Nice choices all around.  What can you tell me about the FIRSH (is that the best acronym they could come up with?)?

Good choice on the M3.  For $100, it's a lot easier than any of the SureFire options.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with the M3...  One suggestion is to get the remote pressure switch for it and sticky velcro it to the handguard.  Also, I mounted mine on the downward side so it would not hinder visability.

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been thinking about the pressure switch.  $46 from Botach.  I put mine at the 10 just so I could manipulate the rocker with my supporting thumb.  As positioned, this thing really fits my hand pretty well, and I don't have any problems with it obscuring my LOS.  I thought about a K-grip, but it takes up too much space and is really only useful for auto-fire.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree about that foregrip.  Kinda pointless in "real life" situations.  

If you want the remote, shop around.  I got mine for $20 I think, but I just don't recall where.

My pic will work later.  AOL's server sucks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you want the remote, shop around.  I got mine for $20 I think, but I just don't recall where.

Start Thinking, Boy!  For $20, I'd buy a couple!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...I thought about a K-grip, but it takes up too much space and is really only useful for auto-fire.

I thought so too, but I find that it is a bit more comfortable for me, and lets me traverse a little bit faster. Not a huge difference, but I like it.

That fact that it looks cool has NOTHING to do with it...
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Who you callin' "Boy"?

Just kidding.  I have no idea where I got it.  I looked and I think I found the site, but the price was a special then.  Here's the cheapest I could find: www.impactguns.com/store/streamlight_m_switch_69019.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Impact?
They screwed up my orders in the past, but maybe I'll give them another try. Do they have a telephone number listed on their site, yet.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Seriously.  Nice choices all around.  What can you tell me about the FIRSH (is that the best acronym they could come up with?)?

Olympic Arms Free Floating Integral Rail System Handguard (FIRSH)
www.olyarms.com/firsh.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
It sounds like a drunk trying to pronounce "first."
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Do the RIS/RAS/whatever plates fit on that like they do their with their own systems?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do the RIS/RAS/whatever plates fit on that like they do their with their own systems?

Yes... they are completely standard rails.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you did it right, she should look something like this:

Good choice on the M3.  For $100, it's a lot easier than any of the SureFire options.

Which rear site are you using?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top