Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 6:34:01 AM EDT
www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryA8818A.htm

A homeless man was arrested in Cape Canaveral, Florida, on Monday, Jan. 14th, for possession of a (presumably unregistered) short barrelled AR-15 in the trunk of his car.  Other weapons were found as well, including a shotgun, a cheap copy of a Samurai sword, several knives, an axe, road spikes, about 200 rounds of shotgun ammunition (most in bandoliers), a fuse, and a canister of carbide graphite (??).

According to Sheriff's officials, Secret Service agents seized 22 firearms from this man in Michigan in 1999 and a Federal court banned him from owning firearms.

This man had a list of government addresses and a hand-written resume that listed in the 'goals' section his desire to work for the U.S. Homeland Security office.

Refer to the link at the top for the full story.

The photo printed in the local paper shows an AR-15 with a collapsible stock and all other 'evil assault weapons features' in addition to a very short barrel, probably a 10.5 incher.  There is black tape wrapped around the front grips just short of the sight base, and more tape on the pistol grip.   A road case type briefcase is shown open enxt to the rifle with four 20 round magazines in it and a long tubular device that may or may not be a silencer.  The photo isn't good enough to tell.

People like this are the enemy of all law-abiding gun owners.  A homeless whacko with an SBR and possibly a silencer, with prior judgement in force against him prohibiting him from owning any firearms.    Just what we really DON'T need!!!  

CJ

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
"He didn't like Osama bin Laden, but that's all we know," Barker said.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#2]
He seems like a nice enough guy to me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
What do you expect from someone foolish enough to favor the shotgun?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The article said they didn't know why he was in the area. Maybe because it is warm in Florida and cold in Michigan.

I have an idea about these kind of guys. Maybe start up a kind of "dirty dozen" group. Give them the opportunity to die in glory instead of wasting away in prison.

Train 'em and drop them over in Afganistan and tell them not to come home until they find and kill Osama.

Same with that knucklehead in California who threatened his former co-workers at the nuke plant. Heck, give him an outlet for his anger. Drop him into a taliban stronghold and let him go to town. He satisfies his homocidal tendencies and dies in glory and we get a cheap hero instead of another mass murderer in our midst.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The article said they didn't know why he was in the area. Maybe because it is warm in Florida and cold in Michigan.

I have an idea about these kind of guys. Maybe start up a kind of "dirty dozen" group. Give them the opportunity to die in glory instead of wasting away in prison.

Train 'em and drop them over in Afganistan and tell them not to come home until they find and kill Osama.

Same with that knucklehead in California who threatened his former co-workers at the nuke plant. Heck, give him an outlet for his anger. Drop him into a taliban stronghold and let him go to town. He satisfies his homocidal tendencies and dies in glory and we get a cheap hero instead of another mass murderer in our midst.

Now THAT is an idea!  
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He's already been convicted? Damn that was fast.

Oh wait, I forgot that he's just been convicted in the Court of public opinion.

I guess guilty until proven innocent is now the standard.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]

He's already been convicted? Damn that was fast.

Oh wait, I forgot that he's just been convicted in the Court of public opinion.

I guess guilty until proven innocent is now the
standard.

Four points...
1.First who are you refering to? The homeless guy was banned from having weapons, seems to me like a car full of weapons violates the condition of his probation or whatever he was already convicted of.

2. Knucklehead Nuke Boy in california wasn't arrested for having guns, he was arrested for making threats and having the means of carrying out those threats. I am glad he is locked up at least until they can figure out what to do with him or get him some help.

3. It is called humor.  Can't take a joke?

4. I guess I should post a caveat with my postings that says:

"Monkeyman does not need the same level of proof as that of the legal system. In the court of his own opinion, Monkeyman can try, convict, sentence and execute any damn one he wants to and his opinion is worth what you pay for it".

I do have a question though: How does the homeless guy or unemployed knucklehead nuke boy have the money for so many guns?

Recruiting Poster:

Pissed off at the World?
Can't remember to take your medication?
Feel the need to kill lots of people for no reason?
Have no job and are basicaly going nowhere in your life?
Already familiar with firearms?

If the answer is yes to any of the above, then            WE WANT YOU!
                 For the
 Office of Homeland Security Foreign Militia

Do something useful for a change. Live a life of meaning. Vent your anger where it will do the most good. Die with honor for your country.

We offer world travel, 3 squares a day. On the job training. New found respect. All expenses paid.

See you local Homeland Security Officer for more information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top