Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2002 5:13:03 PM EDT
I recently acquired a 16inch flat top upper. No markings that I can find other than 556 in front of the front sight. Anyway, I tried an ARMS 40, GG@G rear flip sight, and a detachable A2 handle from a Colt M4 and everything hits high. I have the front sight post turned out as far as I dare turn it, and groups are still 2+ FEET high at 100 yards. Reflex sight worked fine on it.
I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this.

Thank you in advance,
Aaron
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably need a different detachable handle. From what I gather, they aren't all the same. If I remember correctly Colt and Bushmaster flattop uppers and detach handles aren't as compatible as those both made from the same manufacturer.

I've never had these problems, so I'm reciting what I've heard from memory. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ponyboy is correct about there being incompatability issues with carry handles. I have the same problem - to a lesser degree - with my Colt M4 flat top and ARMS 40 rear sight. If you post in the SIGHTS forum someone will give you directions to who makes a taller front sight post, I think it's Oly but not sure.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]

DPMS has a taller front sight.  See the following (if it works – jeez it’s long!):
www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=1608248&St=2030&St2=-540208977&St3=260251484&DS_ID=9&Product_ID=11538&DID=90
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered the DPMS ext. front sight post. I knew you guys would have an answer

Thanks,
Aaron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top