Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2002 10:27:21 AM EDT
A neighbor who is a UAW member passed his union newsletter on to me because he knows I like AR type rifles, part of the article follow...

"Approximately 600 Local 376 member at Colt Mfg. build the M4 Carbine rifle, which is standard issue for Special Forces units."

"I feel part of the Afghan campaign' says Tom Foley, who tests the M4. 'I feel proud to shoot this weapon, to test fire it for our military and our government."

"The M4 is built on an assembly line in Colt's West Hartford facility...Colt can produce about 5,000 rifles a month....Because the US Government has certified Colt as the sole M4 manufacturer, the company's future looks bright."

How would you like to test fire M4s for a living?

I thought Bushmaster also supplied M4s for the military?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:How would you like to test fire M4s for a living?

My guess it would be like working in a strip bar: the first few months it would be a gas & then it would become a job. >evil grin<
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Because the US Government has certified Colt as the sole M4 manufacturer, the company's future looks bright

What is it that FN makes for the gubmint?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of Afghan guns......I read an article in the local paper yesterday the described the gun control issues taking place in Afghanistan.  I understand some of the aspects of what they are trying but it appears to me they are disarming the wrong people.  I wish I had a link but basicly it said they are requesting all guns be turned over to the interim government and some registration was going to be allowed.  Good luck getting all the guns.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What about all the RPGs and SAM7s, etc?  Of course you could be a VERY RICH man in Afganistan if you had a Stinger to turn in...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt may be the only currently certified manufacturer of the M4, but you can bet your ass that if a war broke out and the military needed more rifles they would certify whoever they needed to get more guns in their hands.

How would you like to own a Hydramatic M4? Or maybe a Maytag M16A2?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How would you like to own a Hydramatic M4? Or maybe a Maytag M16A2?

Or maybe an M16A2- from Mattel???              
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because the US Government has certified Colt as the sole M4 manufacturer, the company's future looks bright

What is it that FN makes for the gubmint?

M-16 variants, M-249, M-240 family of mg's, and tht 5.7 mm waepons P-90 and Five-seveN.

Colt patented the "feedramps" on the M-4 style barrel, so they are the sole maker of M-4's for the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top