Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 7:17:15 PM EDT
What are the differences? Which one to get?  Colt is aprox $215 more. Is it the name or do you get more. Are the feed ramps different. Is one better manufactured than the other. I plan to get a m4 upper soon.

The best I can find is $535 for the bushy and $750 for colt. I have not received my shotgun news sub yet. Any one seen better deals?

Any help will be great. Thanks  
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Difference is feed ramps cut into the receiver of the Colt.  Colt is the only one who does this.  Not a big deal, might help if you are going FA.

Best deal, is from Keislers Wholesale, $349 for the upper, get a bolt/carrier for $120 from Bushmaster direct.  It is a 16" M4 flat-top, with A2 flash hider, preban only tho.  If you want anything else, go direct to Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno.... I have one of each. Both are 14.5" with the permanent flash suppressor. They shoot pretty much the same. My Bushy is a 1:9 twist and my Colt is the Military Issue 1:7 which is better for the SS109 ammo. Other than that I can't tell the difference. Both have the feed ramp cuts in the receiver as far as I can tell.... but to be honest I've never really looked that close so I may be lying.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks FALARAK do the feed ramps not add to reliability in simiauto fire. And what is the website to keislers wholsale if possable. And pre ban is what im looking for. If I get the upper for $349 is the bolt and carrier all I will need to complete the upper.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Since AR's have been made/used/shot for the last 30 some odd years, and none had feed ramps, I can't imagine them being that big of a deal.

Keisler's is www.kieslersonline.com/

They dont have this deal listed, it was in their shotgun news ad.  Call them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Go with Bushy, they're pretty good. They chrome line the bore too, which adds to barrel life. I haven't had a problem yet with my Bushy M4 :)
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Difference???

About $400

Why? just buyinh a name. Some people just prefer Colt.

I myself would rather have a Bushmaster.

It's just a matter of personal opinion.

Ford vs Chevy

Pepsi vs Coke
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#7]
agree they are basically the same.  One thing though.  I believe the 1/7 twist is to help stabilize tracers (I forget their nomenclature).  The 1/9 does very well with ss109.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]
ss109 is this sub sonic ammo.

Correct me if im wrong. If I pay $349 from keislers for the upper and $120 for the complete bolt & carrier from B/M I still need a cocking handle $25 from B/M then $90 for a carry handle B/M. $15+$15  shiping from each Thats $614. Or A complete 16" M4 upper from bushmaster $535 + $90 for the carry handle $15 shipping total= $640 I'd save $26 not bad After all that. I should have every thing I need to complete the upper right.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What are the differences?

I don't know about the M4 upper but on a standard upper the Colt is different from Bushmaster on the front take-down pin. Colt screws in & Bushmaster is mil-spec & pushes in & out. There is a conversion unit for a few bucks that allows a Bushy to go on a Colt but I have never seen one in person so I don't know its quality.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ss109 is this sub sonic ammo.

No, ss109 is the newer 62gr steel cored ammo.

Correct me if im wrong. If I pay $349 from keislers for the upper and $120 for the complete bolt & carrier from B/M I still need a cocking handle $25 from B/M then $90 for a carry handle B/M. $15+$15  shiping from each Thats $614. Or A complete 16" M4 upper from bushmaster $535 + $90 for the carry handle $15 shipping total= $640 I'd save $26 not bad After all that. I should have every thing I need to complete the upper right.

Well, I don't want a carry handle, and you can use the same bolt/carrier/charging handle that you may already have if you want.  Any money saved is worth ordering from Kiesler's for me.  I had planned on using the $90 saved on the carry handle to buy some flip-up sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top