Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 5:33:55 AM EDT
Hello!
I'm from germany, so my english isn't very well.
Here we can't buy guns as easy as in the usa. And it's impossible to get full-auto guns :-( so it's also hard to get informations about these things. So my question is: whats the difference between the AR15 and the M16? and where can i get informations (specs, etc.) about them?

regards, enno
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The main differences between the two are the fire control parts and the bolt carrier. Also their is a difference in the lower reciever of the rifle, not including the lack of an important hole for the auto sear. If you are looking for actual specs on how to make one you won't find them here. If you are looking for general knowledge then ask more specific questions.

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome! The differences are in the bolt carrier, hammer, trigger, selector, and disconnector. The M16 also has an auto sear.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
This article will tell you the difference between AR-15 and M16 fire control parts...

www.ar15.com/articles/article.html?article=31

And, welcome!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#4]
There are some pictures at the following link...

briefcase.yahoo.com/quarterbore
"AR-15 and M-16s Folder" that will help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top