Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 2:09:32 PM EDT
Is is possible to buy a colapsable style stock for a post ban lower that is pinned in the short position instead of long?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
as long as over all length is kept at 30" or over.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
you can do that, i have, as have many others, i used epoxy on the outside of the buffer tube, filled the buffer tube slot where the stock detent, or adjuster locks into place, and assembled in the desired position, let dry, cut off the adjuster stud, and finally pinned the adjuster handle, and stock in place, five on the stock, two in the handle, and a ton of epoxy, i have spoken to the alphabet cops about this a few times, they told me that what they were looking for is a solid feeling stock, simple pins would not do the trick, you must epoxy, they told me that they would write me a letter of approval if i sent in a sample along with a description of the procedures, you can also get a metal/aluminum unit and weld in place, this is the preferred method for the alphabet people, the pinned/epoxied unit has to be utterly destroyed to make a change in the position, takes hours, and that is what they want
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal.  I am building an AR for the wife so she doesnt claim mine.  Just need a stock that fits her a bit better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not buy one that's already fixed open instead of going to all that work?  www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/1005-087-8988pek.asp
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
... Sometimes I feel like I am only one bad hair day away from saying "to Hell" with the asinine 9/94 laws and start building guns the way I wish.

... Plausible deniability is not a defense but it would help me during the process.

[/semi-sarcasm]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm with you Wolf. It would be a little easier for me to understand why these laws are so important if I could understand what the importance of the parts being American is. The other part of the Crime bill that I refuse to comply with is the restrictions on how much food you can keep in your house.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why not buy one that's already fixed open instead of going to all that work?  www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/1005-087-8988pek.asp

Because he wants it in the short position not the long position....

John
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The other part of the Crime bill that I refuse to comply with is the restrictions on how much food you can keep in your house.

Are you serious or just being sarcastic? does the crime bill really limit food?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]
sksboy...

Federal OAL is 26" minimum...

Ted...
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Geez avengeusa, sounds like an awful lot of work to ruin a perfectly good stock.  Why don't you just run over it with your car?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought Hesse or someplace could make you a fixed stock (colapsable looking) in about any length you wanted..

I know I read this someplace

medcop
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
sksboy...

Federal OAL is 26" minimum...

Ted...

That sounds a bit better.  Does anyone know where the law is that says this?  I would like to take a look for myself.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Let's see if this works:
V-MATCH upper with pre-ban telestock and post-ban TeleStyle stock.
The lower is a pre-ban Dissipator (word is that the buffer/spring wouldn't cycle correctly, hence the change to the TeleStyle stock which works with both the Dissipator and the V-MATCH uppers...)  Anyway, that's what it looks like.

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#14]
One thing that gets me about the "made in USA parts" bit is.......just how in the hell do they expect to prove it was or wasn't "made in USA?" Let me guess, there's some kind of microscopic stamp on the parts that we don't know about, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top