Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 9:49:46 AM EDT
I have a Meprolight Mepor on the way for my carbine. I want to get a "gooseneck" or forward carry handle type mount for it and set it up so the dot is close to the top of the front sight. I understand that this sight uses a Weaver type base.

I'm looking for suggestions on the best mount to get. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one of these on my pre-ban Oly and love it!

The cheapest thing you can find...  www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=ARR%2D120&mscssid=6SS6PCLDMKDR9J142W05RAB1RNAHDJQB

Here's a better pic of what it will look like:
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]
On the other end of the spectrum you have the A.R.M.s 39a2

from the Bushmaster Website:

Attaches to M16A1 & A2 carry handle for multiple combinations of attachments and provides rigid support of the dovetail platform that is extended over the handguards. A “brush breaker” on the front will prevent branches from snagging and a “see-thru” channel in the #39A2 Upper Rail allows the use of existing iron sights. This will not fit on the A3 Removable Carry Handle.

priced at 125 beans
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you use the iron sights with the Leapers mount, or does it block the view?

Is there anything out there that is comparable to the Trijicon mount for their Reflex...just the sight mount without the Weaver base on top of the carry handle?

I want a mount that is as light and simple as possible.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
OKO has a mount for their optics that (I think) is plain on the top.  Check out Calvery Arms (I think) for the mount
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top