Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2002 4:06:24 PM EDT
Recently acquired a HK USP .45 Tactical with a HK laser sight.  The best part, I got it as a work bonus for completing a project on time.  Does my company kick ass or what?

So what accessories can I get for this baby?  I will pretty much be using it as a target / bowling-pin pistol.  I'm not going to be carrying it or anything, so I'm looking for things that are just neat and/or cool looking.

Who makes sound suppressors for this model that don't cost an arm and a leg (around $500-750)?  Do suppressors require the $200 tax stamp?  Or the $5 tax stamp?

I've seen pictures of some USP Tacticals with what looks like a flash suppressor.  Does anyone know who makes/sells these?  Is it stupid to even consider one of these?

Is there anything else worth getting?  I did get a couple pre-ban (12 rd) magazines because I know most 10 rd mags are a bitch to fully load.

Thanks,
LL
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The supressor requires the $200 tax.  There are some good supressors out there for the tactical that run around 300-400.  Is your boss hiring?  I want a tactical :)  Look into the Gemtech supressors.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
CCFA was licensed by B&T to make copies of their supressors.  I think they run around 750-800, and yes the tax stamp is $200.  They also make the flash supressors you have seen, but I have one, and IMHO is it useless and mostly just for looks.

http://www.ccfa.com

Rocko
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The only accesory you need for that baby is AMMO!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.

Sucks on the $200 tax stamp .  That coupled with a good suppressor would put it in the $1K range.  Guess I'll need to convince the boss to have another project deadline .

I like that CCFA place.  I'm not sure if I want to spend a little over $100 for the flash suppressor, but I might.  I might get the thread protector, although it's not like I'm gonna do something where I really need to protect the threads.

Another question for you:  The HK laser that I got with the pistol does not seem to fit the Tactical quite right.  It says it's meant for the USP and Compacts.  I don't know if the Tactical's frame is longer than the standard USP model, but the laser doesn't fit right.  The question is, does anyone know who makes laser sight specifically for the HK USP Tactical?  The one I have is model BA-5 made by Laser Devices, Inc. (www.laserdevices.com) and has the HK logo on the side of it.

Thanks again,
LL
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Go ahead and get the thread protector.  You'll be really sorry if the threads get damaged somehow...you'll have to get a new barrel if you want to thread something on it.  Pay the couple of bucks and save yourself the future hassle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top