Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 1:01:53 PM EDT

Newbie alert. Please be gentle, or I might start crying. ;)

Wanting a the best possible zero on my LEGP w/a2 iron sights, I'm trying the Santose method at the URL below, which I know all you guys know about.

communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw

excerpt:
-----

1. Flip the rear sight back to the unmarked aperture. This will reveal a hole in the top of the handle.

2. Rotate the sight wheel all the way down. Will probably be exactly at 8/3 (6/3). Don't force it down.

3. Using a 1/16" Allen wrench loosen the screw (under the revealed hole) in the sight wheel 3 full turns. Leave the wrench in the screw.

4. Rotate the bottom half of the sight wheel two clicks clockwise. This will raise the sight body if you look at it while you're turning it.

5. Tighten the Allen screw, remove the wrench, and confirm the sight bottoms out at 2 clicks BELOW 8/3. If not repeat the procedure until it's right.

6. Battlesight the rifle per the -10 with the following exceptions:

1. Sight should be at 8/3 -2 clicks, that is, all the way down, not up a click.  Please note removable handle sights are marked 6/3 (rather than 8/3); also some are in ‘half-clicks’ as well. There should be 3 clicks between 3 and 4 on the knob. If there are 6 clicks then the sight needs to be set at –4 clicks (instead of –2).

-----

The last part raises a question. Since my rear elevation knob is 6/3 rather than 8/2, and there are in fact, 6 clicks betweem 3 and 4, I'm assuming I should have turned the bottom half of my elevation knob 4 clicks clockwise (per step 4), not the 2 (which is for an 8/3) before I tightened the screw. Right?

Also, if anyone has any tips/tricks or other experience with this method, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Elevate it four (4) clicks if you have the "half-click" 6/3 wheel.  This zero was developed on the original handled M4 with 8/3 sights.

That's all there is to it, no tricks.  

Zero any dot sight at the same 50 yards for a flat 200 meter zero.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Elevate it four (4) clicks if you have the "half-click" 6/3 wheel.  This zero was developed on the original handled M4 with 8/3 sights.

That's all there is to it, no tricks.  ht
-- Chuck

That's what I figured. Just making sure. Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top