Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 7:41:30 PM EDT
I found a Baby Eagle in 9mm for $410 NIB at a local store... Seems like a hefty chunk of steel, and points well... and I'm thinking of making it one of my first concealed carry guns. Few questions for you guys:

Will it hold up to +p loads in the long run?
Hi-Cap mags available for it?
Is $410 a good buy?

Thanks fellas,
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The Desert Eagle is such a POS I have no confidence in the Baby Eagles.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Ouch....
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The Baby Eagle is nothing more than a CZ-75 clone made by Tangfolio in Italy (the same as an EAA Witness). Almost any CZ or EAA 9mm. hi-cap will function in it, they're for sale all over gunbroker. These guns are decent enough, but your dealer is a bit high on the price. His cost is around $315 on this in (duo-tone). That's about a 30% mark up he's got on it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact CDNN and they advertise the "compact" for $279.00 plus they have the 13rds hi cap mag for it on sale there too.  I have one and it is nice.  The coating is not first class but it is very accurate.  It is a bit on the heavy side (weight) for a 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
The Baby Eagle is a good solid gun, mine has been reliable and very accurate.  The all-steel version, as one might expect, is awful heavy.  The polymer-framed ones might be a better bet if you envision carrying it.

I think I paid around $350 for my .40 Compact.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Baby Eagle is nothing more than a CZ-75 clone made by Tangfolio in Italy (the same as an EAA Witness). Almost any CZ or EAA 9mm. hi-cap will function in it, they're for sale all over gunbroker. These guns are decent enough, but your dealer is a bit high on the price. His cost is around $315 on this in (duo-tone). That's about a 30% mark up he's got on it.

Check around to see how much a real CZ would cost. I got a CZ75 in So. Calif., L.A. for $325 a year or 2 ago. Did your dealer throw in any freebies, i.e. extra mags etc. Yep those all-steel guns do weigh a lot more over the polymer Glocks, HK USP etc.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Baby Eagle is overweight and underpowered.
Has had some quality problems too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe the the baby Eagle is made by Magnum
Research of Israel. Its a CZ clone but there a few ergonomic changes that were made that some people believe fit better than the CZ. i believe
the new models are now called the Uzi Eagle.
Try CDNN they had the polymer versions with
hi-caps and nite sites for $349. I had the Uzi eagle .40 and liked it. Stay with polymer
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want to spend that kind of money get the limited quanity  EAA witness with the target /ported barrel it also comes with 16+1rd mag only 200 made .I picked one up in 40S&W and am very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine carries one and keeps it in his car, and he likes it a lot.  I've shot it on two occasions, and it feels very good.  Nice and solid.  Fits my hand well.  I've also shot a CZ-75, but it was so long ago that I didn't even notice the Eagle being similar.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Tanfoglio that I bought when it was imported by F.I.E. that is now being sold as the witness.  You can get normal cap mags for about 16 to 20 bucks.  I like mine and have put a bajillion rounds through it since it was my first gun going on 20 years ago.  It's held up very well and I've had no breakages at all with it.  It actually performes better with +p as underpowered loads tend to make it not cycle well.

I got mine for about $300 if I recall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top